Engineers...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
I read something on Tech's twitter about Rob leaving. What exactly does an engineer do? How much effect do they have on the finished product? Thanks.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
An engineer does basically nothing... he sits there and hits the "record" button, and shuts his fuckin' mouth, while Tech N9ne unleashes the greatest flow the world has ever seen... He makes minimum wage, and sometimes gets a bathroom break...

Sep 24, 2002
and in other Breaking News. Obama has been elected the United States Of Politicians' First Afro-American figure out aka President!.. CHANGE HERE WE COME

Mar 18, 2010
the engineer is very important Rob was and is the one of the best in Kansas City. the problem is strange music's music is gonna sound different from what it sounds like now. engineers mix the vocals and beats differently than each other. so the problem isn't that tech n9ne cant find no one to replace him that's the easy part. its getting the music to sound like what everybody's has grown to love. that strange music sound they have with Rob.

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
Being someone who is about to graduate from audio engineering school, I can tell you that it is very hard. The artist's we all listen wouldn't sound so good and clear, if it weren't for the engineer. There is a difference between a producer and engineer. Engineer's put the pieces to the puzzle together. They are one of the most important person(s) in the studio beside the artist.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
the engineer is very important Rob was and is the one of the best in Kansas City. the problem is strange music's music is gonna sound different from what it sounds like now. engineers mix the vocals and beats differently than each other. so the problem isn't that tech n9ne cant find no one to replace him that's the easy part. its getting the music to sound like what everybody's has grown to love. that strange music sound they have with Rob.

I think you're a little misinformed, kid... I already stated all the facts about engineers in this thread... Anyone can hit a button... Shit, Tech could pay a handicapped kid off the street and still be in the same position... That's what separates supreme talent from trash...

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Being someone who is about to graduate from audio engineering school, I can tell you that it is very hard. The artist's we all listen wouldn't sound so good and clear, if it weren't for the engineer. There is a difference between a producer and engineer. Engineer's put the pieces to the puzzle together. They are one of the most important person(s) in the studio beside the artist.

They actually have "PUSH RECORD SCHOOL" LOL... Damn... I guess the education system is going downhill here in the US...

Oct 2, 2006
The engineer has a lot of influence on the music. Not only are they responsible for recording the vocals, adlibs, fills, etc. The engineer is responsible for adding effects, working with the levels, and mixing not only the lyrics but also the beat of the song instrument by instrument. Robs nickname is Rob Reverb for his use of the reverb effect that he used on so much of the Strange Music tracks. Without a doubt Strange will have a different sound if they have a different engineer. No two engineers make music exactly alike.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I actually mix music... so I was jokin' with anything I posted in this thread... I just took the stupid shit I read in the other threads, and exaggerated... I guess it's hard to pick up on sarcasm, no matter how apparent someone makes it...

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
The engineer has a lot of influence on the music. Not only are they responsible for recording the vocals, adlibs, fills, etc. The engineer is responsible for adding effects, working with the levels, and mixing not only the lyrics but also the beat of the song instrument by instrument. Robs nickname is Rob Reverb for his use of the reverb effect that he used on so much of the Strange Music tracks. Without a doubt Strange will have a different sound if they have a different engineer. No two engineers make music exactly alike.
One of the initial things that drew me to Tech's music was the mixing. I always felt that Rob did a fantastic job of keeping things interesting.

Here's the video of Yungfyre describing the Like Yeah beat. Rob's arrangement is completely different, and the song is much better for it.

Jun 29, 2005
wow...... no fuckin way roberto is leavin. if so im protesting and downloading any further albums that aren't engineered by senor roberto...... lol but really no way mann rob gave em the sound especially on Everready which is where everything changed up..... :(