Eminem top 10 best lines

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 2, 2010
name me 5 rappers who are better than eminem who are alive.
In terms of skill, not success

Apathy
Adeem/Glue
Tonedeff
Diabolic
Aesop Rock

btw, 4 out of 5 of those guys are white. I had this discussion a while back and it comes down to either not knowing how much talent is in the independent scene or just not being real fans of hip hop and appreciating all aspects. Eminem has always been a gimmick and relied on that, I'm not saying he's bad but he's far from great.

Props: NAMO

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
part of having skills in rap are making it listenable and having a tight track that is both catchy yet skillful in most cases. Eminem grew into that. His underground stuff like Infinite was just about wordplay and all that, and I liked it, but he matured as an artist in a major way.

Jul 25, 2007
Em is one best when it comes to this hip hop shit. Folks just wanna knock him because either they are too dumb to understand his wordplay, because he's white or his voice.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm not even a fan of Em's music and have never owned a single album by him, I just couldn't get into to his sound personally. That said, all that "He's easily in the top 10 ever" then the counter "But I can name 50 better rappers still alive" blah blah blah talk aside, no one can really deny that when Em was in his zone dude could spit. That's all I really got to say on the subject.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I'm not even a fan of Em's music and have never owned a single album by him, I just couldn't get into to his sound personally. That said, all that "He's easily in the top 10 ever" then the counter "But I can name 50 better rappers still alive" blah blah blah talk aside, no one can really deny that when Em was in his zone dude could spit. That's all I really got to say on the subject.
That's how I feel. I hate his music but he's talented lol

Jan 30, 2007
In terms of skill, not success

Apathy
Adeem/Glue
Tonedeff
Diabolic
Aesop Rock

btw, 4 out of 5 of those guys are white. I had this discussion a while back and it comes down to either not knowing how much talent is in the independent scene or just not being real fans of hip hop and appreciating all aspects. Eminem has always been a gimmick and relied on that, I'm not saying he's bad but he's far from great.

^^^this, Eminem to me has always been a gimmick. Even his "sober" music comes off as wack. He does have skills you can't take that away but I honestly couldn't listen to any of his catalogue without being bored as fuck. The angst ridden whiteboy from a trailer park was played out with Kid Rock. To this day when I play the Up In Smoke DVD I fastfoward his whole set, Ass Like That, My Band was all fucking wack, his shit with D12 was forgettable as hell. His verse on Renegade was ill but I can't give the guy props other than that IMO.

Props: Count_Slapula