Ebooks?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 28, 2002
So im really considering buying either the Nook From Barnes and noble or the Ereader daily edition from sony...

anyways anyone know where to download free recent releases, like a willsearch4u.com but with ebooks. i just want some pirated ebooks:cool: lol

anyone know?

Jul 4, 2009
Should be in the technology forum we dont have..
but Ive never understood the purpose of those but if you do end up getting one please let us know in the soon to be technology forum..
Kindles are supposed to be the shiiiit and its from amazon.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Damn! I never thought I'd see the day where people wanted to pirate books. I condone this behavior simply because not enough people actually sit and READ these days. Good shit.

And 4Sided...I did a whole paper on Amazon and Barnes & Noble...and from what I learned about the Kindle, it is THE SHIT! Thinking about getting one for myself.

Sep 28, 2002
the only thing i dont like about the kindle is that all the books are drm and they could go back to your kindle and erase any books that later dont offer... see what happend with the book 1984 and kindle... they can remotely delete anything they want.

May 27, 2009
For the money you'd spend, just get an ipod touch and the eReader app. Find the tools to convert the books and you're set. I've gone through about 40 or 50 books on my ipod. Plus you can keep that shit in your pocket, play games, surf the net, and listen to music.

I get all my shit from usenet. That's another post in itself.

Sep 28, 2002
For the money you'd spend, just get an ipod touch and the eReader app. Find the tools to convert the books and you're set. I've gone through about 40 or 50 books on my ipod. Plus you can keep that shit in your pocket, play games, surf the net, and listen to music.

i refuse to buy anything apple... :ermm:

May 27, 2009
i refuse to buy anything apple... :ermm:
So did I, until I bought this due to lack of better options. I still hate itunes more than cancer, but I've been happy with the device. Especially since getting the ereader app.

With the other ebook readers, you're still going to need a backpack to lug that shit around. The ipod fits in your pocket. When I go out for a smoke break, I read part of a book. When I wait for the bus, I read some of the book. When I work on a client's computer, I read some of the book.

The ipod touch really is a pocket sized laptop. A dedicated ereader is just an ereader, if you decide you don't like it, you're stuck with a $200+ device you don't use.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
real books > e-books
Staring at the pc screen all day at work/leisure time is enough on the eyes, if i wanna read a book just gimme a paperback. Not like it's a huge thing to carry around.
Also, book shelves not only supply a great deal of knowledge, but also a relaxing and pleasent atmosphere for your apartment. E-books are only good if you plan to carry a shitload of real books with you, like on vacation or school.

Nov 8, 2007

put me up on game^^ want that shit on my pod!

what app, n how do i convert the files so i can open them onto that app?

May 27, 2009
Here's the app I use:
http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/browse.htm
Stanza is supposed to be decent, but I had a hard time getting books on my ipod.

Download some ebooks off torrents or where ever you find them. The format you're going to end up with is a pdb file. Avoid downloading pdf's they cause the most problems. Basically after you download a book look for a converter (google "lit to pdb" or "doc to pdb"). Google almost always sends me to http://www.processtext.com/index.html they've got a converter for just about every format.

Easiest thing is to convert the book to a txt file, then get http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/product/15099_dropbook_win.htm dropbook to make your ereader book (pdb file).

Finally, get hfs. http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/ It's a single exe that's a web server. Run it, drop your pdb files in there. Find out what your web server's IP address is (probably same IP as your computer and starts with 192.168). In the ereader app, go to add new book, choose "Another site". Put in your server's IP and download the books.

LOL, or I guess you can just buy books off the sites included in the app.