e40 lip synchs...?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2006
from what ive seen of concert footage artists dont use the instrumental. most still have the vocals.. so go head and have ur opinion.

Apr 7, 2004
Most artist have show cds. The songs most of the time have one 16 bar vocal track instead of two and one or two ablive tracks on it if that makes any since. If a cat performed without vocals on a track he would sound hella diffrent

Dec 5, 2007
when youre moving around a lot, especially if youre as big as e40, its hard to keep your breath while youre rapping. would you rather him get hyped up and lip synch but sound good or get hyped up and sound like hes gonna have a heart attack?? you know who has the illest show but lip synchs almost the whole thing??? tech n9ne

Feb 27, 2006
ok ok ok theres a differnce between pullin a milli vanilli and just rappin over your song...i think yall should rephrase wat some of you are saying...but other than that maybe if 40 didnt bite so much he wouldnt be so fat....laaaaaaa!

Feb 2, 2006
because when u got the instumental and the engineer bitch ass is fucking up the levels you gon look hella stupid - thats why you have the song in the background just in case. and yea he aint lip sinching he just rapping over his song. i only see artist like jay z do that shit live

Oct 31, 2003
when youre moving around a lot, especially if youre as big as e40, its hard to keep your breath while youre rapping. would you rather him get hyped up and lip synch but sound good or get hyped up and sound like hes gonna have a heart attack?? you know who has the illest show but lip synchs almost the whole thing??? tech n9ne
LOL...I feel you, but when you pa to see a show you want to see if the rtist can REALLY spit it like they recorded it.

Nov 20, 2006
I'm just saying that if someone is a RAPPER, then maybe they should RAP at their shows.

I'm not a rapper, but I play shows. Never would think of using a backing track. A musician should be able to play their music.

I still enjoy 40 and he's one of my favs, but I'm not digging the idea of not doing his own songs. Also noticed this at a Tech n9ne show as someone mentioned. I was super disappointed the whole show.

Nov 20, 2006
All you have to do is when you mix ur song is to tell the engineer to run a version with just the hooks and ur adlibs, and then youll have a show version to use, and ur level wont be fucked.
exactly. That's what I was trying to get at. Some shit just can't be done live since he's obviously doubling up (the little ad libs). But he shouldn't have to have a backing track for the main lines.

Dec 19, 2005
I dunno. Based off that video I heard more of the CD vocal tracks instead of him.
thats because he wasn't saying anything...

lip synching is when you move your lips and act as if what's playing through the speakers is what you're saying, when really you're not saying anything at all...

having a backing track and lip synching are two different things