E-40's Verse On "They Don't Have To Know"....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 8, 2003
It was a "leftover" verse from another track by Cool Nutz that was getting radio spins out here a couple of years ago, but I don't believe that song was ever actually put out on a CD. Does anyone know which song this is, or even better have an mp3 of it that I could get? Thanks fam!

Jul 12, 2002
That was called 4 Tonite. I used to have the radio edit but lost it. He put it on some mixtapes. I like it a lot better than They Don't Have To Know but I think They Don't Have to Know is better single material.

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
we never released "4 Tonight" and the idea of the song just wasn't going over well with all of us so we didn't want to release it. It was just getting old and we didn't feel it. We also didn't want the E-40 verse to go to waste. As you all know I have a great relationship with E-40 and could've had him do a new verse, but it would've been a waste to not use the verse. I currently have 3 new songs with E-40 that haven't been released so it wasn't a matter of recycling, it was a matter of not letting a hot verse go to waste that was never commercially released. And it also worked very well for the song.

"4 Tonight" was and is a dope song, just had to go a different direction. This is just a little behind the scenes information for all of you that are curious about the song.

But as you can see the new song is getting incredible support at Jammin and other stations, and I appreciate all of your support. So please keep supporting the song and requesting it.

Jammin
503 417 9595
Text: 45495

Jul 8, 2003
we never released "4 Tonight" and the idea of the song just wasn't going over well with all of us so we didn't want to release it. It was just getting old and we didn't feel it. We also didn't want the E-40 verse to go to waste. As you all know I have a great relationship with E-40 and could've had him do a new verse, but it would've been a waste to not use the verse. I currently have 3 new songs with E-40 that haven't been released so it wasn't a matter of recycling, it was a matter of not letting a hot verse go to waste that was never commercially released. And it also worked very well for the song.

"4 Tonight" was and is a dope song, just had to go a different direction. This is just a little behind the scenes information for all of you that are curious about the song.

But as you can see the new song is getting incredible support at Jammin and other stations, and I appreciate all of your support. So please keep supporting the song and requesting it.

Jammin
503 417 9595
Text: 45495
I remember when "4 Tonight" 1st came out it was getting some regular spins on Jammin as well....I remember hearing Bootz talk about how awesome it was (he wasn't even exagerating tho!). Since you guys aren't feeling it enough to release it commercially, is there anyway your siccness folks could get it on here Nutz?

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Yeah, I can't remember if I ever heard that cut "4 Tonight". I probably just don't remember until I hear it again. Where can I find this track? Yeah, I notice Nutz is getting a major chunk of luv from 95.5 here in Portland. I don't listen to the that station at work a whole lot at night, but it seems whenever I tune it Nutz and 40 Water are spinning! It's about goddamn time these folks recognize good listening....