E-40 ON MTV "MY BLOCK"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
Vallejo rapper E-40 hosts 'family reunion'
E-40 and his son, Droopy, mingle with neighborhood friends while shooting an MTV special, 'My Block,' Monday morning in Vallejo. They had a barbecue in Beverly Hills Park in Vallejo's Hillside neighborhood. Photo: Shawn Miller/Times-Herald

Vallejo rapper E-40 and his extended "family" gathered at Beverly Hills Park on Monday to barbecue, shoot an MTV special and catch up with old neighborhood cronies and fellow Bay Area rap musicians.
The small park just blocks from E-40's childhood home was packed with neighborhood friends and acquaintances, mingling and barbecuing while E-40 was being interviewed by correspondent Sway Calloway for the MTV News special "My Block."

The parking lot was overflowing with flashy vehicles. Two custom cars with gleaming, plus-sized chrome wheels sat on the park's lawn blaring base-heavy rap music.

The lively crowd danced, ate chicken, ribs and hamburgers, and chatted with E-40 and other prominent Bay Area rap artists including Celly Cell, Turf Talk, Federation and E-40's brother B-Legit.

E-40, who's real name is Earl Stevens, called the impromptu picnic a "family reunion," of individuals who grew up in Vallejo's Hillside neighborhood.

"I ain't seen a lot of these people in a long time, and it's good to be back in the hood I grew up in." E-40 said.

The barbecue ended as quickly as it began when Vallejo police ordered the gathering to disperse, citing traffic problems and concerned neighbors.

Jose Gonsales, 20, grew up in the "Hillside" neighborhood, and said events like these show that E-40's fame hasn't made him forget the people that supported him during his humble beginnings.

"This is what it's all about, it shows he is a real (person)," Gonsales said. "Lots of rappers don't take the time out to get back to the neighborhood they came up in, so he's showing us love, and we're showing it right back."

Robbie Cruz, a promotional manager for E-40's 3030/Sick Wid It Records, said E-40 will never forget to pay "homage" to his humble beginnings.

"This neighborhood has given him a lot of support, and he holds loyal to Vallejo."

The MTV special is scheduled to premiere in March, Cruz said. leave feedbacks

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
that's a real artist rite there^^
not even 50 can do that in his own neighborhood without his "FBI" agents...i mean bodyguards watchin his back

Too bad the puercos(pigs) had to shut shit down(they don't like minorities havin fun.....or loud music).

Jan 24, 2006
waytooclean said:
They shoulda showed the North Pole instead..they got more game. And who basically started this movement???....MAC MUTHAFUCKIN DRE!! RIP

shut yo ass up. you must not be from vallejo, saying " they" got more game. talk about what you know about cuzzo.

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
E-40 and his son, Droop-E, mingle with neighborhood friends while shooting an MTV special, 'My Block,' Monday morning in Vallejo. They had a barbecue in Beverly Hills Park in Vallejo's Hillside neighborhood. Photo: Shawn Miller/Times-Herald

May 5, 2005
waytooclean said:
They shoulda showed the North Pole instead..they got more game. And who basically started this movement???....MAC MUTHAFUCKIN DRE!! RIP
Shut the fuck up and stay in corny ass sacramento. You dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

Feb 10, 2006
SWAY, SWAY, SWAY IF YOU READ THIS COME TO RICHMOND...YOU CAN NOT LEAVE RICHMOND OUT OF WHAT'S GOING ON. IF YOU WANNA COVER A SEGMENT ON THE BAY, IT'S ONLY RIGHT YOU GET THE RICH REPRESENTATIVES, LIKE ERASE-E, KONTAC HAS DONE SOME BIG STUFF FOR RICHMOND IN THE PAST YEAR( MUSIC AND FILM) HOW COULD YOU SLEEP. BROHYDEZ, DAP DANIEL, LOOSE CANNONS, V-JONES, LAROO, ETC..COME SEE HOW WE GET DOWN BECAUSE THE RICH IS MOVEMENT BY ITSELF. YOU GOING TO HAVE PEOPLE THINKING WE HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER HERE. I HEARD YOU GOT FRONTLINE, COOL, BUT PEOPLE LIKE FLII STYLZ FROM RICHMOND HAS DONE MANY THINGS PEOPLE WILL NOT DO IN THE WHOLE LIFE IN MUSIC INDUSTRY. FLII JUST HELP DIRECT CHRIS BROWN'S VIDEO, THE SONG EVERY RADIO STATIONS ARE PLAYING RIGHT NOW. PLUS BEEN ON EVERY MAJOR TOUR WITH USHER. DID THE MTV AWARD LAST YEAR, HE PERFORMED WITH KRUMP DANCERS, AND YOU SAID IT YOUSELF WHEN HE CAME DOWN TO THE RADIO STATION IN LA. SWAY EXACT WORDS " I NEVER HEARD A EMCEE FREESTYLE AND MAKE A SONG OUT OF IT" COME ON SWAY YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT IS...

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
W0RM_Da_C0N said:
lol daaamn look at keak n sway them foos look high as a muthafucka....
it's that dam Purple Erckel or whatever strain they're smokin lately....you know cali (especially Northern cali)has the greenest and best weed in the U.S.
The type that make you cough up snot and make you eat your whole damn Frig.

Time to put in the Mac Dre song "Fire"....best song to get high to...so is RBL's weed songs (Pass The ZigZags and Smoke A Blunt outta the Ruthless By Law album)

Dec 29, 2005
ZigZagBurna said:
it's that dam Purple Erckel or whatever strain they're smokin lately....you know cali (especially Northern cali)has the greenest and best weed in the U.S.
The type that make you cough up snot and make you eat your whole damn Frig.

Time to put in the Mac Dre song "Fire"....best song to get high to...so is RBL's weed songs (Pass The ZigZags and Smoke A Blunt outta the Ruthless By Law album)
Smoke A Blunt wit RBL...Da classic