E-40 (did yall forget?)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2005
for the people sayin that E-40 is stepping out of himself with this hyphy music and following others instead of being the originator that he is.........

It is very clear that:
E-40 is only trying to bring the bay back by putting Keak Da Sneak on a bay area sounding beat PRODUCED BY LIL JON as his first single...

when he couldve easily made a pop/rap song and shot straight for the mainstream since he is on BME/Warner Bros.

E-40 took part of the song that gave birth to this hyphy, uptempo music that we listen to out here now....

"Hyphy"
The Federation feat. E-40

yall musta forgot like roy jones...

Aug 7, 2003
#1. Keak is hot right now not many more hotter then him out the bay. And keak been on this hyphy shit.

#2. Yes he was on hyphy with the federation. But what if the federation used keak instead of e-40? what if the song got bigger becuase e-40 wasnt on it?

basically what if

and no we dont forget, e-40 been hyphy the last 2-3 years and he been rapping for 15+ years. so this hyphy shit is rather new to him. even if he is a pioneer, he didnt start the hyphy movement.

May 29, 2002
hella_numb said:
#2. Yes he was on hyphy with the federation. But what if the federation used keak instead of e-40? what if the song got bigger becuase e-40 wasnt on it?
maybe you didnt know this, but the song "hyphy" was e-40's song, he gave it to the federation

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
fuck who ever hates on 40 yall talk about wantin tha bay back on tha mainstream 40 doin it give him props instead of this what if shit hyphy was his song like other dood said he helped federation out and WHAT IF they did have Hyphy wit out 40 tho and keak on it instead? i'll tell you what woulda happened hyphy wouldn't of gotten as big think about it how many people really listened to keak until super hyphy i know he had his fanz but super hyphy put him out there for everyone else

May 29, 2002
and I must add that all this argument that 40 just jumped on the hyphy bandwagon is bullshit. if you really think about it, e-40 started it all off.

if it werent for rick rock, there would not be a "hyphy" sound and if it werent for e-40 rick rock may not be where he's at right now. I'm sure that if you listed all the songs rick has done, probably half of them at least were e-40 tracks. the hyphy "sound" really started to form around the grit and grind time.

so you take that into consideration as well as the fact that he came up with the song "hyphy" which actually jumped off the movement, one could come to the conclusion that he started the movement. then it just evolved to the point that gettin stupid, thizzin and all that other great stuff became a part of it.

so all those accusing him of jumping the bandwagon really have no basis for those accusations

Apr 22, 2005
when he couldve easily made a pop/rap song and shot straight for the mainstream since he is on BME/Warner Bros.

yeah like he did with his last album with fabolous on the track and how far did that go? Not only will it help Keak bein on 40 new shit but it works both ways.I aint hatin 40 AT ALL and I always support him and aint knockin what he doin but lets not forget who really got everybody(meaning these younger generations)listening to Bay shit again,Mac Dre.Then when Rick dropped that shit it just gave everything a set sound even tho I wish this hyphy shit was more diverse and not everybody makin the same type beats so that we could get dumb to different kind of slaps from each city but thats how it ended up.I always got respect for 40 but you must forgot or aint up on the fact there was another rapper that helped get this whole movement in perspective.Damn near everybody "go dumb" now and beside hyphy we know thats mainly due to "get stupid" and the other now popular MD songs all these kids love so much.R.I.P. to a Bay vet/Legend and much props to the other one keeping it going.

Apr 22, 2005
bayGIANTS said:
and I must add that all this argument that 40 just jumped on the hyphy bandwagon is bullshit. if you really think about it, e-40 started it all off.

if it werent for rick rock, there would not be a "hyphy" sound and if it werent for e-40 rick rock may not be where he's at right now. I'm sure that if you listed all the songs rick has done, probably half of them at least were e-40 tracks. the hyphy "sound" really started to form around the grit and grind time.

so you take that into consideration as well as the fact that he came up with the song "hyphy" which actually jumped off the movement, one could come to the conclusion that he started the movement. then it just evolved to the point that gettin stupid, thizzin and all that other great stuff became a part of it.

so all those accusing him of jumping the bandwagon really have no basis for those accusations

yeah but dont forget folks was gettin hyphy before that track and what that song did was pidgeonhold ANY song that wants to be considered "hyphy" HAS to sound like that.It also made mainstream look at hyphy as a sound when we all know damn well its a feelin,an action lol you know what I mean.I wish everybody didnt mimmick Rick's sound cuz now we lost a little of what always kept the Bay sound original,diversity.

Apr 5, 2005
Man real talk you guys definitely have a great arguement. I agree with you guys 100%. "Gasoline" and "One Night Stand" really did have a hyphy sound and feel to it. That shit was slappin' and the video was dope too!

Jul 6, 2005
Man, 40 been doin thangz. Wether you agree with his new style or situation. Hes an originator, bringin the bay to a national map level. Mac Dre did elevate the new bay movement for the younger generation. But 40 be knowin that shit. 40 an OG, respect it, fo' REAL!