E-40 & AKON VIDEO SHOOT THIS PAST WEEKEND

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
he shud release a more bay sounding single so he gets laughed off mtv & his record sales flop! haha fuckin dumbasses. why duz everybody hate on 40s singles but support other bay rappers attempts at main stream success? i dont get it, all over me was the same type o song & everybody supports it. blasphemy. also yukmouths song hey boy was the gayest piece of crap song i ever heard from a bay rapper & no1 said shit except me. earls in his 40s & on the back 9 of his career & people r mad that hes goin 4 it. fuckin haters need 2 realize 40 was around last time when the bay fumbled & hes not gonna let it happen again. its a slam dunk that the cd will b great.

Jan 31, 2006
he shud release a more bay sounding single so he gets laughed off mtv & his record sales flop! haha fuckin dumbasses. why duz everybody hate on 40s singles but support other bay rappers attempts at main stream success? i dont get it, all over me was the same type o song & everybody supports it. blasphemy. also yukmouths song hey boy was the gayest piece of crap song i ever heard from a bay rapper & no1 said shit except me. earls in his 40s & on the back 9 of his career & people r mad that hes goin 4 it. fuckin haters need 2 realize 40 was around last time when the bay fumbled & hes not gonna let it happen again. its a slam dunk that the cd will b great.

^^^^real spit

May 4, 2005
I HOPE THEY GOT A CAMEO OF MARIAH CAREY IN A BIKINI.
Thats really what we should be all worried about. haha. It's a great single and the video should be on point. I am sure the cd will be filled with some classic bay area slaps. E-40 didn't become a tycoon for no reason. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
Plies level are you crazy??????? plies didnt sell what 40 sold on My Ghetto report card do your homework pimpin! and 40 has a couple platinum albums and a few Gold ones Plies wants 2b on his level! but we were just talking about shooting a street video for the base to et em know there is other shit on the album.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Plies level are you crazy??????? plies didnt sell what 40 sold on My Ghetto report card do your homework pimpin! and 40 has a couple platinum albums and a few Gold ones Plies wants 2b on his level! but we were just talking about shooting a street video for the base to et em know there is other shit on the album.
Nah, i know that, i was bein sarcastic, its just funny plies and 40 get mentioned in the same sentence. I know 40's album will still do well.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
WOW...some of y'all got to learn to step outside of the box and realize this IS A BUSINESS (business=money) and that there IS A WORLD outside of the Bay Area...think more global and less local...or else bottomline, you'll stay broke, in a real fucked up economy. FUCK THAT! This song will have more spins than a Kenmore stuck on spincycle.. Good Luck to 40 and the whole Bay, damnit!.... RHYTHMX RATING: 2BluntsUp!
Naw what happen to pushin your own line and your own culture....

What so your tellin me "Steppin out side the box" is doin the same type of tracks everybody else in the industry is doin?Sounds backwards as fuk to me.

Dont get me wrong i aint knockin what 40s tryna do. Shit I stay routin for 40 to blow major and not just for him but our whole region. I belive 40 well be the one to open up the doors for the rest of northern cali to come in but at the same time 40 was one of the last artist out there pushin his own line and now hes fallen into that mainstream sound. Shits fucked up to me cuz if 40 got to go that route to make it major then were does that leave us as a region? Not in a good position cuz we all no northen cali music is no were close to being mainstream, and a really dought as a region we well ever be willing to move in that direction to sell recordes.

Apr 25, 2002
A definite executive power move by 40 once again hooking up with Akon on a track. I haven't heard the track but looking forward to the video....

Oct 31, 2003
If 40 comes out looking like Ric Ross with a Big ass chain sitting on the beach with his fucking shirt off...he (meaning 40) will officially be done with. This Akon song sounds like some copy the formula type of shit, but only a year late. I always respected 40 as the nationwide "underdog". And I believed that when he got this spotlight he was going to A) Directly Help the BAY. B) Be a trendsetter, not a trend follower. He is starting to just seem like any old guy with the MONEY to BUY a DECENT single. This song would have been the same with or with out 40 on it...he didn't make it special. I still have some faith in 40 being creative, but I have given up on him coming with something "new".

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
dont look for this video/song to blow the bay up. In order for a video to "blow up" a certain region, it has to be something unique to that area (dr dre - g thang video for example). If this 40 song sounds like everything else out there, 40 will do well, but the bay will go nowhere

Dec 6, 2006
dont look for this video/song to blow the bay up. In order for a video to "blow up" a certain region, it has to be something unique to that area (dr dre - g thang video for example). If this 40 song sounds like everything else out there, 40 will do well, but the bay will go nowhere
I know everybody expects 40 to put the bay on his shoulders and not sell out with the normal mainstream shit but once he seen that "U and Dat" got more spins than "tell me when 2 go" he had 2 do what was gon work.The single is for the masses the album gon be bayish most likely.

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
If 40 comes out looking like Ric Ross with a Big ass chain sitting on the beach with his fucking shirt off...he (meaning 40) will officially be done with. This Akon song sounds like some copy the formula type of shit, but only a year late. I always respected 40 as the nationwide "underdog". And I believed that when he got this spotlight he was going to A) Directly Help the BAY. B) Be a trendsetter, not a trend follower. He is starting to just seem like any old guy with the MONEY to BUY a DECENT single. This song would have been the same with or with out 40 on it...he didn't make it special. I still have some faith in 40 being creative, but I have given up on him coming with something "new".
40 has done and is still doing a lot for the bay...and nobody is showing him enough respect for that......all you ungrateful fucks are on some other shit....at this point of his career he doesn't owe y'all nothing...i would be like "fuck it let's get this money" as well

Nov 27, 2005
The Video looks like its gunna be a good look! all the scenes were shot on a beach. Thats all i will tell ya about so it will be fresh when you see it but we shot from 6am till 1030 pm on sat Vallejo's own Bernard Gourley shot it (same director as tell me when to go & countless others) Me the Hoodstarz and Rich went down to support water, along with the whole sicwidit fam, Nick Cannon (rolls up with Mariah!) money b, warren g, Glasses malone, shit too many to name But we also will make an announcement that involves all of us later this week or early next one! Next video shoo for Street Cred will be a double video for Code of The Streets/ A problem with Gucci Mane
good shit 40 water has never had a week album its no doubt in my mind that ballstreet will slap all the way threw! The Report Card was raw to! cant waite to see the wake it up new video huge look!

jotti

Sicc OG
Aug 20, 2005
AMEN

man i agree wit u dude 100... fuck that song. it's a sad year if they bay gave up on originality... i for one still think muscle cars would hav been his biggest hit ... the single off the machine was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then this cookie cut shit..is 40 tripppin to release a song thats worse then Kardinals right after Kardinals sharin the same dude on the hook? damn. and this comin from a big wata fan ...but damn if yall can honestly say this song won't get annoyin in less then a month... u trippin.

Sep 1, 2006
BIG Disipointment.....

Man I have been a fan of 40 since the begining but this shit just aint the business.

Now I know 40's doin tracks like this to sell records but to me e-40 built his career on being original and a trend sitter. Now hes just fallen into the same trends every other rapper is doing just to expand his fan base.I mean dont get me wrong get ya money by all means but to me 40 aint got to follow trends to have a hit single.Tell Me When To Go proves that.I dont know to me 40 could have pushed a way harder single than this one.This shit just sounds like every other song out on the radio, IMO 40 is to dope to be pushin music like this.I just expect more from him

Wurd. I think 40 is an innovator though. He also helps others. I mean he got T-Pain on "U and Dat" and next thing you know T-Pain is on everybodys shit and 40 is blowing up more.

Sep 1, 2006
Naw what happen to pushin your own line and your own culture....

What so your tellin me "Steppin out side the box" is doin the same type of tracks everybody else in the industry is doin?Sounds backwards as fuk to me.

Dont get me wrong i aint knockin what 40s tryna do. Shit I stay routin for 40 to blow major and not just for him but our whole region. I belive 40 well be the one to open up the doors for the rest of northern cali to come in but at the same time 40 was one of the last artist out there pushin his own line and now hes fallen into that mainstream sound. Shits fucked up to me cuz if 40 got to go that route to make it major then were does that leave us as a region? Not in a good position cuz we all no northen cali music is no were close to being mainstream, and a really dought as a region we well ever be willing to move in that direction to sell recordes.

Get an education first homie.