Dubee: Turfmatic

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
top 5? not in mine. cd was cool, but i expect so much more since i grew up on the aka sugawolf album. guess he'll never b that good again. dont get me wrong dubee got skills but not compared to him over some khyree beats

Aug 9, 2002
mann that dubee was one of the most upsetting albums of the year. compared to his other realeases that was pure garbell. his beats were horrible. don't get me wrong i'm a suga wolf fan and i will buy his next album but i expected more from him since it took a couple of years for him to drop. soryy guys but the album should have been called"TRASHMATIC."

Sep 13, 2002
LIKE THAT?

yea that album was trash though, beats flow lyrics all werent up to par, he should have stepped his game up or gone back to the same game and spit that sugawolf shit.

Aug 9, 2002
But his best album ever is his first one. That is YBB classic. I can bump that album from front to back without skippin shit. I know y'all feelin me.

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
yeah. i was real dissapointed by that Turfmatic CD. The only song i can bump is the first one...or track 2. Other than that it was a complete complete flop!

But AKA Sugawolf...is definitly in my top 5 albums of all time. Every song on there was on hit.

HC1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
some songs were corny ass fuck, ie. glutius maximus (sp?). Id have to immedietatly skip that song before the chorus comes in to save myself the embarassment ..

but other songs that are coo are the ones with reek and richie.

Aug 1, 2003
That Dubee album was very disappointing. I was highly upset. I thought that it was goin to be another classic, like aka sugawolf. It didnt even come close. I hope he puts out another album dat is as good as aka sugawolf.

How was his other album, 100 G Shit? Is it any good?

May 6, 2002
Yeah, Turfmatic was very disappointing. About 4 or 5 good tracks. Lyrics and flow were on point, but the beats just weren't there. Of all the Thizz releases lately, it is definitely the worst. The Rydah and Sumthin' Terrible cds are tight as fuck though.

May 12, 2002
I still got that dubee in my disc changer hasn't left yet. I'm not saying its the best release of the year, but I still listen to it enough to leave it in the changer.

Tracks I'm feelin are

You Can't Tell Me shit
It Don't Stop
Off Yo Lips
I like A bitch
Casual
I need
Can't fuck with me

Feb 19, 2003
FirstDankSmokin said:
I still got that dubee in my disc changer hasn't left yet. I'm not saying its the best release of the year, but I still listen to it enough to leave it in the changer.

Tracks I'm feelin are

You Can't Tell Me shit
It Don't Stop
Off Yo Lips
I like A bitch
Casual
I need
Can't fuck with me
Agreed. It's nowhere near the quality of his debut, but how many CDs ARE? I can't understand why everyone acts like TURFMATIC's such a crime against nature! LOL! I miss Khayree producing everything, too, but it's 2003, not 1995.

To me, TURFMATIC is not much different from Mac Dre's last couple of CDs--it ain't deep, but it's fun if you don't take it too seriously. Even when Dubee's just rhyming about partying and bitches, he's at least funny, and that counts for something, IMHO (although I will admit that "Aye Aye Aye" just plain blows on the verses). He sounds like he's having fun, and what's wrong with that?

But that's just me--part of digging an artist, IMHO, is learning to move with the times and accepting that things won't stay the same. Black C. once said (in defense of RBL's underrated HOSTILE TAKEOVER) that "people have got to accept that the 1992-96 era is over." But hey--everyone has a right to his/her personal opinion, and that's how it should be. PEACE!

Jul 21, 2003
www.soundclick.com
sav-man said:
Agreed. It's nowhere near the quality of his debut, but how many CDs ARE? I can't understand why everyone acts like TURFMATIC's such a crime against nature! LOL! I miss Khayree producing everything, too, but it's 2003, not 1995.

To me, TURFMATIC is not much different from Mac Dre's last couple of CDs--it ain't deep, but it's fun if you don't take it too seriously. Even when Dubee's just rhyming about partying and bitches, he's at least funny, and that counts for something, IMHO (although I will admit that "Aye Aye Aye" just plain blows on the verses). He sounds like he's having fun, and what's wrong with that?

But that's just me--part of digging an artist, IMHO, is learning to move with the times and accepting that things won't stay the same. Black C. once said (in defense of RBL's underrated HOSTILE TAKEOVER) that "people have got to accept that the 1992-96 era is over." But hey--everyone has a right to his/her personal opinion, and that's how it should be. PEACE!

Now, that's real ass shit!