Drum synths

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EAT

May 14, 2002
Does anyone here use software or hardware drum synths to make their drum sounds? Which ones do you use? Or do you use samples? Where do you get them. Or do you use stock drum sounds from your sound module or synth?

Apr 17, 2005
I have and MPC 2000xl an ASR-10 and I use Reson 3.0 as well. I pretty much take drums from every where. Samples,Stock, it doesn't matter you can EQ drums and make them sound good. What kind of equipment are you working with?

EAT

May 14, 2002
I've been using a drum synth on FL to make some drums, and also using the drums in my synth. I'm looking for more drum softsynths tho.

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
Mr.Strike 1 said:
I have and MPC 2000xl an ASR-10 and I use Reson 3.0 as well. I pretty much take drums from every where. Samples,Stock, it doesn't matter you can EQ drums and make them sound good. What kind of equipment are you working with?
First befor i talk about Drums

Mr.strike i done thinking about useing Reason and my MPC and maybe playing a ASR-10. Did you use the sounds in reason for you're keys and shit or do you use the ASR-10 what is best for good sounds.

Anyway. I use FL i use the Drums that it comes with. I fuck around with EQ and alot of shit.
Dr.Dre has used the Same drum sounds on his cds but you would not tell he EQs the shit out of them...

I have a MPC2000XL but have not fucked with it yet I'm waiting on a new pc and Reason.
I got it all most a year ago.

Apr 17, 2005
If you are really looking for sounds out of a keyboard you may want to try like a triton or a nord or some synth like that. The asr-10 is sample based. I have sounds for it but they are old as shit. I just use it as a controller for reason now. The MPC I use to lay my drums down. Reason is cool but you can't really get drums in reason like you can for the mpc. I like the way the mpc swings.

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
ok. So can i use the sounds i have on my MPC and when i hit the pads the sound well be in Reason?

I have sick beats now but FL is not cutting it 4 me and i'm hooking up with some good Cats out of the bay and don't what FL kind of sounds or drums.