DREAM.14 5/29/10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Card is now official, will be airing live at 3AM EST Saturday morning on HDNet (after friday night lol). Replay is Friday, June 4th at 10PM EST. It's in a cage, Unified (US) Rules.

WW Bout: Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Nick Diaz
MW Bout: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Ralek Gracie
FW Bout: Hiroyuki "Streetfight Bancho" Takaya vs. Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen
FW Bout: "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Kiko Lopez
FW Bout: Hideo Tokoro vs. Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura
FW Bout: Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Takafumi Otsuka
FW Bout: Yoshiro Maeda vs. Kenji Osawa
Super Hulk Bout: Minowaman vs. Imani Lee

there's so many Featherweight fights because of Dream's retarded weight limit at 139.
Rundown: Minowaman always brings the lulz, the leglocks and the fist pumps. Maeda got KO'd pretty bad his last fight so they kind of gave him a layup. Otsuka is the DEEP FW champ so this is a big fight for him, and Miyata's a monster wrestler so I'm hoping he can keep it standing, otherwise we might see an American style 3 round LnP. Calling it now, Tokoro vs. Wicky could be top 10 of the year, as with any fight Tokoro's in because he's fucking awesome. Kid was supposed to fight Kiko at the last Strikeforce but Dream needed him to bulk this card up so they moved it to this night. Kiko's a good kickboxer so hopefully Kid can take him down and pound him out and get back in the win column. Hellboy vs. Takaya could be awesome, depending on if Takaya's chin holds up because he's been going down a lot the past couple years. Hellboy should get back to winning with this one. Sakuraba vs. a Gracie is always legendary, and Saku showed he could still take a beating in his last fight in the cage against Zelg. Ralek said he won't tap, so we might be looking at Saku breaking another Gracie arm. Mach seems motivated, but I think Nick's going to beat the absolute shit out of him. It'll be interesting to see if Nick's his usual 'fuck you, 209 don't be scared homie' self, or if he'll show any respect to a Japanese legend.

So grab a case of beer friday night or set your DVRs, because this should be fun.

Dec 19, 2006
Full Dream.14 results are below.

Nick Diaz def. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai by first-round armbar submission
Ralek Gracie def. Kazushi Sakuraba by unanimous decision
Hiroyuki Takaya def. Joachim Hansen by first-round KO
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto def. Federico Lopez by first-round KO
Akiyo "Wicky" Nishiura def. Hideo Tokoro by first-round TKO
Kazuyuki Miyata def. Takafumi Otsuka by split decision
Kenji Osawa def. Yoshiro Maeda by split decision
Ikuhisa Minowa def. Imani Lee by first-round choke submission

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
watched it today on DVR. Miyata-Otsuka fight was sweet contrary to what I predicted, Wicky punked the shit out of Tokoro which pissed me off, the Kid KO was sick, I couldn't believe Takaya KO'd Hellboy- Trigg said it best with "That was the one thing I never would've predicted in this fight.", Saku looked like shit, and wtf was Mach doing when he jumped right into the armbar? Decent card, can't wait for 15 after they announced Aoki vs. Crusher.