Don't BLOW your IRS refund & May rebates! Get WISE!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
WOW.. i was exactly like you.. except now im spending money.. ive saved for a while now im live lavishly. i starting saving/ investing when i was 15 tho maybe even younger.
what do u gotta do to start investing. I always thought of doing that but never knew where to start. I see commercials like sharebuilder and shit but i dont understand none of that stock market stuff. any websites you know that can put me up on the subject?

Mar 5, 2006
foreals? go commercial.. thats where the bread is at.. commercial electrician.

Im going to school for electronics but i wanna switch to electrical because ive been working in electronics for 2 years and its boring to me.
yea man there is big money out here where i am.. with the 2010 Olympics every one is hiring and most places start at 32.50.. which is pretty good... but yea im just going to hire like 4-5 experienced electricians and then hire sum young guys for sum cheap labour and train em n shit.. right now im just starting it.. pretty soon ill be hiring but now im working it out.. i need sum business people willing to go down..

ps: im not the greatest at explaining things.

Jun 19, 2004
damn so i followed the link above and as a beginer you should save a stack,pay off debt, and save six months worth of loot. is this in case of a fuked up investment??
No it's so that when shit goes wrong or a rainy day comes, broke down car, traffic tickets, lose your job etc. etc. You don't put a whole lot of stuff on on credit cards. Or take out loans and what not that will take you a long ass time to pay off........

May 2, 2002
to the guys that invest above ^^^ do you guys use professionals? do it yourself?
Do it yourself. I wouldn't pay anyone to give you advice. Smart investing is really just setting a budget for your investments and expenditures. The first step is tracking what you spend money on. I would just ask questions on this board. That Ramsey guy's webpage linked above looks pretty good. Suze Orman has some books out aimed for women but there very good in terms of basics. Everything she spits is common knowledge IMO, but it is mostly great advice.