does anyone know....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
Just curiosity feeding this question....

So, say Tech does a verse on someone else's CD. He just collects a flat amount at the time (apparently 5G's at the moment), and that's it? Someone "featuring" on another person's album doesn't collect royalties in the future? Or do they? Is Tech asking for 5G's up front, and then a certain percentage of profits from each CD sold?

Like I said.... just curious. Don't know shat about the music biz.

Jul 7, 2002
It all depends on the arrangements made. Typically for a feature you recieve a flat fee, but you can also receive a small percentage of sales. As an artist though you always have your publishing rights. If you do a verse for somebody and that song blows up and gets radio-tv airplay you will receive publishing checks from your publishing company. You always have your publishing unless you sign it away.

damn i thot he didnt care bout money, hes always sayin fuck the industry.. haha.. but i was thinkin itd b more around 500 since he aint mainstream mor nutin i mean if someone was payin for my studio time id do a collab for free ya kno? but thats me i guess.. hmm are u sure on the 5000 comment? if so how do u kno?

Oct 6, 2002
He has bills and a family so he has got to make money. He would do shit for free all day if it was only about him, but I am possitive that his wife and kids would not be cool with living on the streets . LOL

Anyways 5000 to 7500 is what I am pretty sure is being charged, I will ask Trav later to find out for sure.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
can you break that down in terms of words.... i'm only looking for about 6 or so words. you know, don't have much money and i want my shit to get heard. all i'm looking for is "shep is white and cannot rap." oh and maybe a midwestinvasion.com shoutout. i figure that's worth about $12.37. it's going to be on my album entitled "Crappy Rappers who use Tech to get Exposure, Vol. 1."

what you think?

Oct 6, 2002
To funny !! Thanks for the laugh, I would name a couple of people that fall into that category but I dont want to cause problems.
Oh and apparently some people have no clue what it cost to take care of a family and live where he does. He has 2 daughters and that right there could keep a person broke all the time and his wife likes nice shit and the car and 500 would not even cover the payment on his home. Tech loves music but he has to make money at the same time and if he was only charging $500 then there would be no time for his family because he would have to work even more just to break even. Why do all that when he can do it in one night and be straight for the whole month.

Jan 12, 2003
Let me see if i can break this down, lots of songs done for free, lots of shows done for free, in the game for over 15 years, maynot be mainstream, but a industry icon to say the least, he has paid his dues and then some do lets do some math

rent
gas
lights
phone
cable
me
kids
me
car
me
people need clothes
people need to eat
slacker, friends and family
me
fun money, so people can get out the house and not type on damn computers,

sorry(as she breathes heavely and wipes sweat from her head)

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
4everreign said:
Let me see if i can break this down, lots of songs done for free, lots of shows done for free, in the game for over 15 years, maynot be mainstream, but a industry icon to say the least, he has paid his dues and then some do lets do some math

rent
gas
lights
phone
cable
me
kids
me
car
me
people need clothes
people need to eat
slacker, friends and family
me
fun money, so people can get out the house and not type on damn computers,

sorry(as she breathes heavely and wipes sweat from her head)
so what you are saying is i should pay him $15.22 for the 6 words and a shoutout for my album? that's stretching my budget but "Crappy Rappers who use Tech to get Exposure, Vol. 1" needs to be released... i might have to take out a loan and drop out of school, but anything for my dream....

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
you better watch who you are talking to like that.... you never know who the real person is posting behind those names. just a warning