Dinner and a movie bio

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.evildooinz.com
BROTHA LYNCH HUNG
DINNER AND A MOVIE
“I don’t have to kill anyone. I just think it. It’s all up here. Believe me, if I started killing anyone, there’d be none of you left.”—Brotha Lynch Hung, “The Interrogation”
Brotha Lynch Hung watches a lot of movies, mostly horror flicks. The King of Sacramento also writes screenplays: While penning his first script, he simultaneously wrote his Strange Music debut, Dinner and a Movie. Blurring the line between audio CD and audio book, listeners are sucked into the highly imaginative mind of Lynch as he plays out gruesome tales of murder, violence and deception. Powered by his twisted sense of humor, Dinner and a Movie is both therapeutic and fantastical, as Lynch unleashes his own demons while at the same time creating a character so unlike himself.
“Them niggaz think I’m weak cause I’m very nice. All I do is think about eating them every night.” —“Colostomy Bag”
Dinner and A Movie, the first of three concept albums Brotha Lynch Hung will release via Strange Music, follows the life of a serial killer that’s slaying rappers in the game. “Back in the day, we used to say eat rappers up or kill rappers off and eat ’em up,” Lynch explains. “That’s basically what I’m doing. On the album it sounds like I’m doing it to people, but it’s really rappers.”
Each track on Dinner and a Movie plays out like a scene in a motion picture;
a psychotic horror film to be precise. Blending his addiction to court TV and programs about serial killing with his respect for scary cinemateurs like Rob Zombie and Wes Craven, and films like Hostel and Saw, Lynch’s album is the perfect vehicle to explore his fascination with deranged killers. He’s also able to showcase his own ability to switch on and off his double personality: regular person by day, serial killer by night.
For Dinner and a Movie, Lynch rounded up a handful of like-minded emcees, including BZO and First Degree The DE, to help him carry out his sonic murder spree. On “Colostomy Bag,” Lynch, G Macc and C-Lim ride a pulsing, piano-driven beat that would make Dr. Dre proud. Produced by Justinn “Axis” Patton, who crafts five tracks on Dinner and a Movie, “Colostomy Bag” transforms mad man humor into a West Coast anthem. Axis also constructs musical mayhem on the pulsating “Murder Over Hard,” punctuated by alarming cymbals and sirens, on which Lynch continues to let his murderous rants loose: “Me and murder are tight like vice grips.”
“D.O.A.” and “Nutbagg” are made specifically to rock big crowds. Both produced by Michael “Seven” Summers, Lynch felt the pressure to come with heat knowing he would soon be touring with Strange Music founder Tech N9ne. Taking stage cues from LL Cool J and Run-DMC, Lynch has extensive theatrical plans for his Dinner and a Movie stage show.
Joining producers Axis and Seven – two of Lynch’s favorite producers of all time who he claims are knocking heads together at the top – is Lynch himself. Lynch has skills: He produced his Gold album, 1995’s Season of Da Siccness. “Another Killin” features Cali superheroes Snoop, Daz and Kurupt. After appearing on one of Snoop’s mixtapes, Snoop returns the favor, taking aim on Lynch’s spray-’em-up joint. “I made the beat,” Lynch starts, “and Daz and Kurupt heard the beat and wanted to get on. I went to bed and when I woke up, they were on it.”
“Don’t Worry Mama, It’s Just Bleeding” features Strange Music cohorts Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko. The synergy between label mates is evident, as the three spit in sync over a stuttering soundscape. “I love being with Strange,” Lynch assures. “They are the only company that fits me. I’m glad to be part of the family.”
A wordsmith who grew up revering Rakim, Lynch’s stories reveal the rapper’s darkest secrets. “Meat” is a dedication to his son when they were separated by his son’s mother. “I Tried to Commit Suicide” details the same situation, with the addition of his daughter being taken from him. “I went crazy because of all the bad stuff that was going on,” Lynch shares about the inspiration for the song’s title.
Making albums for Lynch is a distressing, yet cathartic process. “Every time I make an album, I have to go through pain in order to make the songs I want,” Lynch states. “When my mom died, she was trying to stay around for my daughter to be born. In the same hospital that my mother died in, four days later my daughter was born, in the same room. My daughter is my mom reincarnated. If I lose her, I try to commit suicide.”
Sprinkled throughout the album are hysterical psycho skits created by Lynch, and produced by Lynch and the amazing Robert Rebeck, who also mixed the entire album for Chapman Recording. The skits are disturbing, yet criminally comical, and string Lynch’s songs along with a raunchy fluidity.
According to Lynch, a lot of rappers in the last 10 years came out and ruined the rap game. Now people are scared to buy a whole album because they might only like one song. Lynch wants to dispel those fears by inviting you to Dinner And A Movie.
For more information, visit www.therealbrothalynchhung.com and www.myspace.com/therealbrothalynchhung.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
thanks, thats a good update

go and check out the brotha lynch hung appreciation thread in this forum

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Damn, that shit is tight, I mean I knew he wanted to make a movie-like album but damn this shit is gonna be raw!

Apr 8, 2006
The real question is why don't it mention Beta when it lists all these other producers...its hard not 2 make that assumption Beta aint gunna be on the album when he should be one of the prime producers mentioned...right?>

Nov 7, 2002
Nicely done.

I like the way this write up was done.

Lynch is a great artist. With a real twisted mind/imagination.

REAL

He'll get even bigger after this. It will be his moment in time, second time around.

Nov 13, 2008
good read i liked everything i read but yeah i was hopin for some beta production

either way im still geeked about this album actually comin out after like 7 years

Jan 6, 2006
im sure this bio isnt going to fully give all the info for every track,producer, artist appearing on the album. this is just alil appetizer until more leak later on. and all this time when i heard the title for "meat" i thought it was gonna be a song about cannibalism. didnt lynch also shoot a video for this track? sounds like its going to be real deep. cant wait for daam....

Oct 21, 2002
still no answers on the beta beats? can we get some we did it and on my brief case type shit one day?? fucccccccccck in other words grab d-dub first degree a little loki and a whole lotta phonk beta beats