did the bay give the south a scene (master p)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2004
before master p moved to the south from the rich, the south was nothing. all they really had was scarface, outkast, and the gettoboys. matter fact, they didnt even have a scene. but when master p left the bay and went out there, they started blowing up due to all that flossing shit which was the essence of bay area rap years ago. now look at the south, their whole swagger resembles what the bayarea was in the early 90s...

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
UTILIZE THE SOUTHERN SICCNESS FORUM

before master p moved to the south from the rich, the south was nothing. all they really had was scarface, outkast, and the gettoboys. matter fact, they didnt even have a scene. but when master p left the bay and went out there, they started blowing up due to all that flossing shit which was the essence of bay area rap during the time. now look at the south, their whole swagger resembles what the bayarea was in the early 90s...

1. "did the bay give the south a scene? (master p)"

WE HAVE A SOUTHERN SICCNESS FORUM where you can get a wide variety of answers from folkz that live in the South and know about the musicc scene in the South.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
how long was master p in tha rich? did he like grow up here or jus soak some game up like tha game did when he used to b in fillmore?

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
no .. the south gave Master P a name. Ps sound was completely different when he was in the bay. when he came back to New Orleans and changed his style up is when he started blowing up.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
lmao...who really gives a fuck about where a mofo posts...youd think a question about hip hop in general would belong in the "general hip hop" forum...should we get technical and put it in BART, the Q does involve bay area rap!

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
naner12 said:
no .. the south gave Master P a name. Ps sound was completely different when he was in the bay. when he came back to New Orleans and changed his style up is when he started blowing up.

i was hoping to see a intelligent post before i replied..

good shit..
right on point here..

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
bigbreaded said:
SO TO YOU MASTA P FANS, WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER, WHEN P WAS DROPPIN' ALBUMS FROM RICHMOND OR THE SOUTH?.

i like the southern style P myself. only bay No Limit releases i was feeling was the Lil Ric album and the Dangerous Dame.

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
jaytrees said:
before master p moved to the south from the rich, the south was nothing. all they really had was scarface, outkast, and the gettoboys. matter fact, they didnt even have a scene. but when master p left the bay and went out there, they started blowing up due to all that flossing shit which was the essence of bay area rap years ago. now look at the south, their whole swagger resembles what the bayarea was in the early 90s...
South was nothing? South didnt have a scene.Florida always had a scene.Mannie Fresh was making it crack in his area before you knew who he was.Hip Hop history is important and every coast has its own Hip Hop roots,come on young manish.

Jun 15, 2005
...i too would disagree with the claim that the south didn't have a scene until P...i give the bay a lot of credit for hittin the scene in general with lots of game, but I aint givin them credit for making the south shine...

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
DAMN-DAMN-DAMN

this thread has to do with the bay area and the southern rap music. = general hiphop.
"AND"
lmao...who really gives a fuck about where a mofo posts...youd think a question about hip hop in general would belong in the "general hip hop" forum...should we get technical and put it in BART, the Q does involve bay area rap!
As in my life, my career and the streets; there is 100% logic I spill in every verbal and non-verbal action; I don't expect for ALL to soak and see it. It would be a waste of my time to break down my post, you either get it or don't.
60 cents;

"did the bay give the south a scene? (master p)"?
What region is most qualified to answer the question?
-Obviously, the muthafuccaz in the SOUTH livin in the "supposedly" Bay area scene.
-Obviously, they can spit game on what is was like living in the SOUTH before P, during P and after P.

i'll leave it at that-

ON THE REAL, THIS IS ONE LAME AZZ ARGUMENT, WANA-BE THEORY, BULLSHIT FROM YO AZZ.
WHAT CREDENTIALS DO YOU HAVE TO SAY THE SOUTH DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A SCENE?

THE WAY I SEE IT, I DON'T NEED TO DROP INTELL, THE MAJORITY OF FOLKZ IN THIS THREAD ALREADY KNOW WHATSUP.

THE TRUTH SHINES-

Jun 27, 2003
Yea, I think the south has some influence from the bay, but it's the SOUTH who blew themselves up as opposed to the bay blowing up the south. I mean, the bay aint really even blow up itself, how the fuck could it blow anybody else up or give anybody else a scene? Sure, Too short helped Lil John, but Lil John is a mainstream icon and Too Short, while he was pretty successful, is not. Master P soaked on some game in the bay, and he put that together with his Southern living and came up with his own shit combined with his education and made himself millions.

Apr 25, 2002
lmao..by reading the first post in this thread..it would seem that Master P is from the Rich and migrated to the south...in all actuality it was the other way around...master P was doin south shit b4 he did bay shit..he just did his thng wherever he was at...

all this shit i keep readin from bay area cats is gettin lame we aint responsible for everything

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
with master p blowin up from soakin some game up for tha bay and The Game doing tha samething why tha cay can't blow its self back up