Deltron 3030, where does it rank for you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 2, 2006
Filthy_Rich said:
i wouldn't say it's from "way back." didn't it drop in 00 or 01? either way, it's a pretty solid album. "Things You Can Do" is still a heated ass track.
yep, the whole damn album is tight. I like "time keeps on slippin." He has pretty complex vocabulary and concepts compared to the average ass hip hop album, even for backpack rap. Plus he stays on point with his rhymes.

You guys feelin Dr. Octagon too? Another oldy but goody. For some reason I tend to like anything that's associated with Dan the Automator.

Mar 2, 2006
tight, glad to see people still can appreciate innovative hip hop. I'm all on that science fiction/space hip hop scene, lol. If you guys got more albums like that, tell me about em.

Deltron 3030 hyphy edition?

Mar 2, 2006
good shit, like a lot of you, im into "weird rap." You guys feeling MF doom a.ka. madvillain a.k.a. victor vaughn? Dope as fuck, plus when he and madlib work together, it's fire.

Also, what jazz type sounding hip hop you all recommend/like?

Jun 27, 2005
Del is a talented artist but his shit is unlistenable to me, especially with them fuckin dan the automator beats. I cant stand that guy's beats, shit sounds like a fuckin migraine gettin bashed the fuck up wit sledge hammers.

Sep 12, 2005
thizzle925 said:
Also, what jazz type sounding hip hop you all recommend/like?
they arent futuristic/space shit but... crown city rockers, the procussions, and these artists incorporate some jazz/soul in some of their music too: felt (murs & slug), zion i, kweli - reflection eternal, some grouch/living legends too.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
thizzle925 said:
Stonesthrow, never heard of them, couldn't find out anything about em either. Do you have a website/label that I can refer too? Any album recommendations?
how could you know about madvillian/madlib and not know about stonesthrow? one of the best rap labels around. bump all their shit,from madlib/lord quas,oh no,wildchild,pb wolf...they put out nothing but quality albums

www.stonesthrow.com

album reccomendations:

madvillian-madvilliany
wildchild-secondary protocol
oh no-the disrupt

love that oh no cd,still bump that shit to this day. his production is on the same level as his brothers but doesnt get the credit he deserves cause madlib gets all the glory

Jan 19, 2006
XxtraMannish said:
Del is a talented artist but his shit is unlistenable to me, especially with them fuckin dan the automator beats. I cant stand that guy's beats, shit sounds like a fuckin migraine gettin bashed the fuck up wit sledge hammers.
]
THANK YOU and cosigned

del has had some gold but it wasnt with 3030... I'm thinkin the "I wish my brother george was here" or "future development" are head and shoulders above that...

best hiero release by far "b-sides"