Dad shoots son; mistook him for a turkey

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2008
Dad Accidentally Shoots,Kills Son After Mistaking Him For A Turkey.

A 9-year-old boy was shot and killed by his father late Saturday afternoon in a Sibley County hunting accident 3 miles northwest of Belle Plaine.

The boy and his father were turkey hunting near County Road 6 in Faxon Township, about 3 miles from Hwy. 25, said Sibley County Sheriff Bruce Ponath. The father called for help from his cell phone, and the Belle Plaine fire department and ambulance service responded along with the Sibley County sheriff's office, Ponath said. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ponath declined to release the names of the boy or his father or give further details about the accident Saturday night but said the two were the only members of the hunting party.

Ahhh, Turkey:

Boy:

May 31, 2007
dude this is hella fucking sad...

Im sorry but I almost lost it at the way the cop said ".....and mistook him for a turkey" but then I thought about it and thats sad as shit.. And then i saw the lil dudes picture... Dude thats fucking terrible. I probably woulda went psycho adn shit.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
yeah i mean my laughing has nothing to do with a young boys life lost, its just like steve irwin getting stung by a stingray to me i guess. weird ironic moments have always tickled me a little. didnt mean to be offensive. but damn did i laugh.

i hope the father stops hunting.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!? DAMN... R.I.P TO THE LITTLE KID... IF THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT, THE FATHER MUST BE BESIDE HIMSELF... IF NOT, THE FATHER SHOULD BE STRUNG UP TO A POLE AND FACE A FIRING SQUAD...

Apr 26, 2006
LOL at the stupidity of the father, but man is this shit sad. It sounds funny, but man so sad. The "turkey" part is what's funny. Turkey's are funny. haha

I would have just turned the gun to my own head if I was the father.

Apr 26, 2006
rofl at mistaking your own child for a turkey
Yeah the whole idea of that is just fucking funny. But obviously the death of the child is not. :( That's just a really really stupid way of dying.

Little kid was probably just hopping around being silly n shit. Probably wearing a brown sweater.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah thats fucked up but god damn...do you just allow your son to venture off into your shooting field, wtf then your excuse is you thought he was a fucking turkey?

i mean i know its insensitive, but they should drug test him

ive been hunting before and i knew VERY WELL to never walk in the middle of crossfire and i was always watched when i had a gun..if he wasnt shooting he should have been next to his father....if he was shooitng i just dont see hwo the kid didnt know better much less the parent

that smells of bad parenting imo
but i guess his punishment is already brought on him..

Apr 26, 2006
aint nuthin funny bout this man....
You missed the point. The death and situation is sad as fuck. But man, the MISTAKE, sounds funny. Turkey=Son, that part is funny. It's something that can make you chuckle at first hearing it. I can picture a news reporter describing the situation and throwing in a little chuckle.

Oct 13, 2004
I'm not going to lie,lol I laughed when I seen the title and few comments. I stopped laughing when I seen the boys picture and found out he died.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
my uncle used to call me turkey when i was a kid...like cmere you lil turkey! i mean as some 70s slang shit....so that makes it funny to me

you gotta watch you kid anywhere where guns are going off that is fucking mandatory

what if he woulda shot someone elses kid thinking its a turkey? he had to be drinking...i dont know what the fuck...why wouldnt he look for his son before he pulls the trigger or even put two and two together