Da Rap Game!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
www.giproductz.com
Just wanted to gather some thoughts.....Theres alot of local rappers that do not want to take their music mainstream......just want to keep it local or keep it real.....what do all of you think or what do you see your self doing with your music in the future to come...I think most people want to make it big and be on the radio and get that paper flowing in....I dont think if your on the radio your mainstream or you sold out..i have heard Keak Da Sneak for instance on the radio and that shit is hard as fuck whether its local or not that shit is hard and not selling out...I want to take my click and my music to another level and just go as far as we can go with it....fill free to drop opinions.....peace out..LOE

Nov 14, 2002
the underground is coo if you can make a die hard fan base.thats what i dont like about mainstream fans.as soon as you sell a little less than your last cd they will stop buyin your shit and move on the the next big 15 minute rapper.underground fans will stick with you even if you drop 3 weak cds in a row.i noticed that alot on these boards.fools is still waitin on old ass rappers to come out and drop another classic like they did in 94.and thats after they came out with 3 weak cds.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
both stocktons_pimp and Big Chill said some real shit...i'm in the music shit myself and niggas out here know that shit and they at me every now and then "i'm bout to sign wit so and so, you need to fuck wit me" or "why you don't send yo shit to so and so and get sign"...i've done a lil research on the business and i've found out the the independent is a better hustle then signin wit a major...

like stockton_pimp said, if you do hit the mainstream the attention is gon kill you if you can't handle it...kinda like what Bushwick Bill said about himself and the Huston situation...and me personally i know i could have that type of attention, that why i chose to do my shit myself/independent...and the "money in your pocket" factor is a big part of it too...you might now see what the majors or see, but over time you'll be better off finanially...

and i agree with what Big Chill said about the fans...some of the mainstream artists that have come along have disappeared just as quick as the came...the majority of the mainstream fans are stuff on the 2 or 3 singles that you release and thats it, after they get tired of those they tired of you and you gon...

thats just my 2 cents...take it how you want...

Feb 13, 2005
jay z's bossin up on the mainstream tip! he the man yo! i know don't like him probably but he doing his thug thizzle! he rapin the game!