D-Fish to sign with the WARRIORS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
While the Lakers got the most important member of their starting five back on Thursday, they also lost one of their clutchest playoff performers.

Point guard Derek Fisher has agreed to a six-year, $37 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, according to his agent, Mark Bartelstein.

A Warriors spokesman said the deal hadn't been finalized, but might be announced later Thursday night. Bartlestein expected the paperwork to be signed late in the day.

Golden State's apparent decision is intriguing. Just last summer, the Warriors signed point guard Speedy Claxton to a multi-year deal and traded for point guard Nick Van Exel , who has two years and more than $24 million remaining on his contract. The Lakers, Heat, Rockets and Sonics also pursued Fisher during this offseason. Seattle reportedly pushed hard for Fisher after losing Brent Barry to the Spurs. Fisher, looking to re-establish himself as a starter, apparently crossed the Lakers off his list after Gary Payton announced he would return.

Fisher averaged 7.1 points and 2.3 assists a game for the Lakers last season in a reserve role behind Gary Payton, but hit a number of big shots for them in the postseason, including the dramatic buzzer-beating fadeaway that beat the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 of the Western Conference semifinals.

Fisher has spent his entire eight-year career with the Lakers after being selected 24th overall in the 1996 draft out of Arkansas-Little Rock. Prior to last season, he had averaged in double figures for the three previous seasons, with a career-high of 11.4 points in 2000-01 -- the second of the Lakers three consecutive championship seasons.

Apr 25, 2002
Ive never liked Fisher..mainly cuz he was Laker but now I guess Ill have to become a fan.
Thats way too much for him tho..I dont know what Mullin is thinking..especially since signing foyle to a 5yr/40mil now this..I thought he learned from the Jamison incident.
I wouldve rather gave Cardinal the money then fisher..
On the bright side now we have a clutch player we've seriously lacked
Hopefully this means Van Exel is out the door

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Fisher is pretty good when he's left wide open for jump shots and threes. The Warriors need to find someone that can draw double teams so Fish can get open shots. If not, then Fish will be useless.

May 15, 2002
you need role players - Fisher and foyle are definitely ones - decent move, better something than nothing

so i've been reading a big trade is coming involving the whores - sources are now saying it won't involve a sign and trade with damps cause they don't want to take on any salary that they'll get back. One name that has been thrown around is J Rich...DO NOT FUCKING TRADE J RICH! If anything J Rich is a crowd pleaser who has gotten better each year in the league. If jettison anyone, bounce frenchy out of there.

Jun 18, 2004
I don't know^^^ Air France got that lock down "D" on some premier fools in the league. I wasn't too hyped to hear we got Fisher...especially when I heard 37 & 6, WTF? Claxton was looking good last year...I also heard the War might be trying to package Fish w/Damp in some kind of trade. Who knows with the Warriors, but a good way to bet is that they'll end up w/the short end of the stick. :dead:

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
3VID3NC3 said:
I wouldve rather gave Cardinal the money then fisher..
On the bright side now we have a clutch player we've seriously lacked
Hopefully this means Van Exel is out the door
if we resigned Cardinal we would have a log jam at the foward position. same thing at point right now, but either speedy or van exel is gone..........i was shocked we got Fish, but more shocked at the 6 years. he's a solid player, and now we can see if he can create his own shot, and lead a team. not in the shadows of shaq and kobe.......
i like shaq now, he's a man lol

Apr 1, 2002
DubbC415 said:
looks like hes finna stay there awhile, thats good.
and could you please stop saying "finna,' it just bothers the shit outta me when white dudes from the burbs say it. No offence or anything but it kills me to see that.