create-a-Killer Sampler

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 8, 2006
for the last week i probly gave out 50 of my own "killer" sampler cds wit artwork and album info. i know for a fact that this generated atleast 10 album sales... as these co-workers and friends tellin me that they scooped the album and now are definately feelin Tech more than lil waynes album. this is a good way to keep the music movin and yall should do the same instead of wastin time bitchin on this forum about a video or radio play. lets keep them albums sellin maaan.

fyi the 5 songs i had on there are
"like yeah"
"everybody move"
"wheaties"
"lets go"
"waitress"

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
everybody move
like yeah
let's go

...all good choices. you'd really HAVE to put on a couple of introspective tracks, lest they think Killer is simply an anthem CD.

Too Much maybe?
Hope For A Higher Power?
Something from Disc 2 that's NOT from the Sextion?

One Good Time is my favorite on the disc, but isn't good sampler material.

Oct 25, 2006
Sad thing is, it shouldn't really be our job to get the album to sell, ESPECIALLY since Strange didn't ship promotion material out to the people that wanted to be part of the promo team. That's not to say that I haven't told my people about the album, but Tech really shouldn't be relying on the fans to spread the word around to increase album sales. If anything it should be done right. Great idea Homo (haha :lick:), though it still doesn't justify the lack of a video or single.

My personal sampler material:
1. Get The Fuck Outta Here
2. Wheaties
3. Waitress
4. Paint A Dark Picture
5. Let's Go

Jun 9, 2007
Why does everyone like that wheaties track.

It's the "biancas and beatrices" of Killer.
What was wrong with Biancas and Beatrices? lol

1. Like Yeah
2. Blackboy
3. Paint a Dark Picture
4. Seven Words

There ya go.. if you aint afraid to give people a REAL taste of the album

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
get the fuck outta here
wheaties
paint a dark picture ( start with chorus without intro)
i am everything
enjoy
bonus snippet - the waitress

why arent people feelin wheaties, or the waitress?? these two tracks are on point and clever, and in a time where most talk about strippers and clubs, tech speaks on the waitress, like who hasnt been in that same position song is incredible just based on the fact my lady hates it tells me its great cause its so true

we was in dennys the other day and the waitress took our order and she left the table and her ass caught my eye i took a double, look back at my girl and just start singin "im with my girly but im lookin at the waitress" it was hilarious than suddenly under the table i got a kick

Nov 7, 2006
i would try and touch all different sides of the album to catch more attention from a more vast crowd.

1. Black Boy
2. Poisonous (since it's short anyway)
3. Enjoy.
4. Happy Ending
5. Too Much (just to end it so they want more)

if someone can find or has a edited version and send me it i will blast it on all 5 floors in my FYE. i went to walmart and they didnt have it and my store got no copies in. so maybe the kid thats on here and works at the walmart that got it in can steal it or something and hook it up i would love that lol

Jun 9, 2007
I like the track but fuck Wheaties as a cereal.... track shoulda been about Cocoa Puffs instead

"I rock ruff & stuff with my Cocoa Puffs.... TECH!!!!"

Apr 14, 2006
for the last week i probly gave out 50 of my own "killer" sampler cds wit artwork and album info. i know for a fact that this generated atleast 10 album sales...
What artwork did you use? Did you just use the Killer cover or did you modify it with the word "Sampler" or something along those lines? You could modify it and make it say "Killer 101"...since it's kind of an introduction to Killer.

Jan 8, 2006
What artwork did you use? Did you just use the Killer cover or did you modify it with the word "Sampler" or something along those lines? You could modify it and make it say "Killer 101"...since it's kind of an introduction to Killer.

yeah i just threw the killer album cover on there with the words SAMPLER. also put "in stores July 1st".
for real though everyday at work some one else comes in and says... "DAMNN that tech cat is sick!!" im like... CHA!