~*Computer Problems*~

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2005
When I turn on my computer @ home it trys to start then it goes to a black screen and it says i can start it safe mode... and 2 other safe modes, regular mode and the last one that worked... i tryed all of them... do i have a virus?? does anyone know how to fix it?

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Im having the same problem on my home computer, it goes into that screen, and no matter what I select it freezes and wont boot up. I tried booting from a CD and a floppy and it wont work, I even changed the boot order in the bios and no-go. Im thinking its a faulty hard drive, anybody else have any ideas?

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
"When I turn on my computer @ home it trys to start then it goes to a black screen and it says i can start it safe mode... and 2 other safe modes, regular mode and the last one that worked... i tryed all of them... do i have a virus?? does anyone know how to fix it?"

Click on START> click on CONTROL PANEL> click on SYSTEM> click on the ADVANCED tab> click the SETTINGS button for STARTUP AND RECOVERY.

Make sure ["Microsoft Windows XP"/fastdetect] is your default operating system then uncheck the boxes for "Time to display list of operating systems" and "Time to display recovery option when needed"

click OK then restart your machine...it doesnt sound like you have a virus

here is a pic of what your screen should look like http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LQQNUC7RLEF21PR0QHUOWW04X

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
"Im having the same problem on my home computer, it goes into that screen, and no matter what I select it freezes and wont boot up. I tried booting from a CD and a floppy and it wont work, I even changed the boot order in the bios and no-go. Im thinking its a faulty hard drive, anybody else have any ideas?"

i think its an operating system issue rather than a hardware issue...i got an article that MIGHT apply to your situation.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503

Mar 3, 2005
T.C said:
"When I turn on my computer @ home it trys to start then it goes to a black screen and it says i can start it safe mode... and 2 other safe modes, regular mode and the last one that worked... i tryed all of them... do i have a virus?? does anyone know how to fix it?"

Click on START> click on CONTROL PANEL> click on SYSTEM> click on the ADVANCED tab> click the SETTINGS button for STARTUP AND RECOVERY.

Make sure ["Microsoft Windows XP"/fastdetect] is your default operating system then uncheck the boxes for "Time to display list of operating systems" and "Time to display recovery option when needed"

click OK then restart your machine...it doesnt sound like you have a virus

here is a pic of what your screen should look like http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LQQNUC7RLEF21PR0QHUOWW04X

I cant click start... the computer doesnt even turn on... it has a black screen... it doesnt boot up right