comcast / samsung smart tv / hbogo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
samsung doesnt have the contract with HBO. Sony tvs do, not sure what other brands do

chromecast should have hbogo though.

or just get an hdmi cable and run it from your laptop/tablet (i dont have a tablet, but i assume u can do this too) to the tv

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2004
samsung doesnt have the contract with HBO.
Nope, I bought a 55 inch Samsung Smart TV and it has HBO Go on it. As well as Amazon Video, Netflix, YouTube etc. I love it.

Chromecast is something u will control using your smartphone. It doesn't have an on screen tv interface. If u want something with its own remote and a menu/interface, get an AppleTV or Roku, they have plenty of apps. Chromecast is new and is lacking apps

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
something similar happened with Time Warner Cable . even if you had the time warner internet because they were in contract negotiations with CBS you couldnot watch cbs.com on Time Warner Internet because CBS programming was suspended over the Time Warner signal. this could be the same thing. it's possible Comcast HBO don't have that agreement?

Att Uverse is giving away 32 inch tvs to people who get tv internet and voip phone. Or 22 inch tvs.. tablets..sonos music player for just getting tv and internet.

Peep that deal .

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Hmmm well i wonder what the difference is...I have a 42 inch samsung smart tv and it doesnt have HBOGO and from what I read Samsung didnt have the contract. Ill have to look into it

Dec 4, 2004
Hmmm well i wonder what the difference is...I have a 42 inch samsung smart tv and it doesnt have HBOGO and from what I read Samsung didnt have the contract. Ill have to look into it
How long ago did you buy it? I just bought mine a few weeks ago and its from this year, 6000 series. There might be a software update for your tv.

Sep 12, 2005
I got a samsung tv about 6months ago and it includes everything (hbogo, hulu, netflix, amazon etc.). Try updating the smart tv software.

I have a chromecast and apple tv too. Really liking chromecast right now, eventually it will be as good if not better than apple tv.