Coalition meeting @ Bayside -- Saturday, October 19 -- 1:00PM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
^^^yea, no shit, WTF happened? but as long as there was progress then i guess its all good. but it does sound like there was a bunch of woofin

shadow

Apr 25, 2002
we had 50+ people show up...more were expected but there were a few folks I know of who had to work, etc.....

no woofin...we made some nice progress and had some good discussion, its just the beginning...

Apr 25, 2002
Im sayin there was some folks woofin about comin to the function. Glad to see there was progress though. hopefully there will be nothing but progress from here on out

shadow

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
My two cent$: I believe it was a very productive meeting. It was good to put some faces to the names as well as chop up some game with some intelligent cats. Although alot of good ideas were exchanged and thrown out there, I have aproblem with the follow through aspect of it all. It seems like alot of cats want a free ride and don't want to kick in financially and resource wise for this coalition. If this game is gonna come back, it needs the help of everybody.

Furthermore, I'm disappointed that alot of the so called "bosses" on this site and in the Bay Area rap scene didn't show up. Even if some of you don't feel the idea, you could hae at least shown your faces and said why.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who showed up (if I forget any names forgive me): Mac & AK, Project Affiliated, Tact Out, DJ 2NV, DJ Mark 7, Doxx, TKO, Nard T., Gangsta Reese, Money Tree, Prime Minister, AK, GP the Beast, Emde & Redlight Fam, Phantom, Oso & Hogglife, Eternal Designs, JC Ricks, Nsane, Furious, Ghazi, LaRon from Imperial and too many more to list. Your support and input is appreciated.

I also thank Cuda, LMD and everyone else who helped make this possible.

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
I really didnt know what this was or what it was all about. Nobody gave me a personal invitation or a complete rundown on what was going on thats why i didnt attend, this is only my 2nd time reading this post, and only cuz i looked at the date and i wanted to see what went down. I too have the same thing being put together with 40, easki, RR, Legit Luniz everything about similar issues i think we are talking about starting with a tour together like 10 Bay acts. Its going to be at a conference room in Emeryville, i will keep you posted 12

Apr 25, 2002
www.BallerSignMusic.com
I thought the meeting was real informative. It seemed like those who did show up were serious about making this happen, which is definitely better than a bunch of folks just showing up and not taking it seriously. It was cool to finally meet some of the folks from the site and choppin' it up with cats facing the same issues in the game as myself and seeing the various perspectives. Much love to B-12 and Cuda for taking so much of their own time to be there and put us all up on game that they've formulated, as well as facilitating some real nice discussion.
I'm not too familiar with the Sacramento area and got lost (took business 80 instead of I-80) getting there. I was kinda late and had to leave right after it was finished to get to another function in Frisco that evening, so I didn't get to meet as many folks as I would have liked, but I hope there are more meetings in the near future.

Apr 25, 2002
Done Deal Ceo said:
I really didnt know what this was or what it was all about. Nobody gave me a personal invitation or a complete rundown on what was going on thats why i didnt attend, this is only my 2nd time reading this post, and only cuz i looked at the date and i wanted to see what went down.
Thanks for postin this...maybe that was part of the less than expected turn out...I thought about posting it in all forums but I get irritated reading the same posts in every forum...

I will keep this in mind for the next meeting and make sure I reach out more to each label to see if they are interested....

Thanks...
LMD

Apr 25, 2002
man...i knew about it...tried to get there...but there was no way...
i was out in the point at the back of the hill...it's not easy to walk anywhere to catch a bus(tho i don't know about one to Sacramento) and i couldn't get a ride

but i will be at the next one...my ride had to take care of other things at the last moment i'm guessin(since they didn't holla at me to tell me)

hope everything went well

and i'm glad some of my suggestions were spoken on...
let's do the thizzle
and B-12...i got a few labels that wanna get in the act...they don't have access to the net...is it cool to invite them to the next meeting?
holla

CHRONIKQUEEN

Urbanlife Music & Video Distribution
May 8, 2002
Bayrider 12 said:

Furthermore, I'm disappointed that alot of the so called "bosses" on this site and in the Bay Area rap scene didn't show up. Even if some of you don't feel the idea, you could hae at least shown your faces and said why.
I very rarely get to check the site and didn't see the post until last week, though I should of been contacted personally anyway. I too never received an invite, phone call or email.

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Kerry: You felt that post was directed to you obviously since you responded however I can yell you it wasn't.

As for a direct invite, Im sorry we can't think of everyone when we are doing these things. We do expect people to check the site cuz thats what its for.

However, I still think there are too many other agendas for some peopleto join forces. Thats why we are still where we are and we will continue to be there.

May 21, 2002
THIS HAD BEEN A LONGSTANDING POST!

FOR ME (CUDA), LISA, JIM OR B TO PERSONALLY CONTACT EVERYONE WOULD HAVE BEEN A WASTE OF TIME. Too many didn’t show.

THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. YOU HAVE TO LOG ON AND SEARCH FOR INFORMATION THAT YOU FEEL WILL PERSONALLY BENEFIT YOUR COMPANY. IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS AND WORK WITH OTHERS, IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEEK OUT BENEFICIAL INFORMATION.

WE PUT OUT ROLL CALLS A FEW TIMES AND THE POST WAS THERE FOR A WHILE.

PEOPLE TALK IN THIS INDUSTRY AND FOR ANYONE NOT TO HAVE KNOWN THAT THIS WAS GOING DOWN IS UNBELIEVEABLE.

Here’s a list of the people that remembered to sign in. Some didn’t, but I know they were there.

Brandon Rodegeb,Cuda Ramey, Lisa Donahue, Dee Genovese (Money Tree Records), Alan “Automatic” Dash (Money Tree Records), Jim Greco (Tact Out Muzic), Thic Chandavong , Kevin Balderston (Eternal Designs), Bernard Temple, Eric Rubalcaba (80 West/Bayside),
Moe Corral, Jester (Project Affiliated), Gabriel (Project Affiliated), Angel “Skarface” Hernandez (Project Affiliated), Jamie Cox, Gangsta Reese (Dugout Ent.), Mac & A.K. (E & K Music Group), Rene Morales (Crack Or Jack Graphics), Marc “eMDe” (Redlight Records), Jesse “Cheesy” (Redlight Record), LaRon Mayfield (Imperial), Jorge “Sapo” Gonzalez, Julio Lopez, Maximo Valdez, Blake Patricio( Baller Sign Music), Alfredo “N-Sane” Castillo (Riders Block Records), Stanley “Big Duna” Hill Jr,, Joel Dean (Nu Realm Entertainment), Jeff “Doxx” Doxey, Travis Okada, Furious, Vann Banks.

I want to personally thank all that showed. I didn’t get a chance to completely share all the information with you that I had wanted to. I’m not sure when we will be getting together again but, I will keep you posted.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
YOU FEEL ME...... FOR A MINUTE, THERE WERE BOUT 5 DIFFERENT "VITAL" POST ON BART ALL REFERRING TO THIS MEETING..... I CANT THINK THAT THIS SOMEHOW JUST SLIPPED BY PEOPLE.... IF YOU DIDNT MAKE, WHICH I KNOW SOME OF MY FOLX COULDNT FOR VARIOUS REASONS, BUT TO SAY YOU DIDNT KNOW IS BEYOND ME..... CUZZ THATS ALL WE BEEN LOOKIN FORWARD TO ON THIS BART BOARD FOR THE LAST MONTH OR SO....

REGUARDLESS, IT WASNT A WASTE, I ACTUALLY LEARNED SOME THANGS FROM THIS MEETING, THANKS TO 12, AND CUDA THAT MAYBEE I WOULD NEVER KNOW.... SO THE MEETING WAS FAR FROM A LOSS, AND THIS FROM A MAN WHO DITCHED WORK WHERE I MAKE OVER $150 A DAY PLUS SALES, GAS IN MY TAHOE ($60) AND A $12 CAMERA AT THE AM/PM AROUND THE CORNER.... BUT THE INFO I GAINED WAS PRICELESS!!! LOL

BUT FA REAL, I REALLY HOPE THIS COMES TOGETHER, I DONT KNOW IF IT CAN MOVE AS FAST AS WE LIKE.... BUT IF THE RIGHT PEOPLE GET INVOLVED, WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN, I HAVE FAITH!!!