Clearing up this Tupac biting new song by Jay-Z thing for y'all...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2002
I still don't understand why it is biting. Was it biting when C-Bo and Capt Save Em remade "Ambitionz Az A Rider?" Was Pac biting Qunicy Jones when he used "Body Heat" for How do you want it. I just think most of you Pac fans are hot about this song because it is Jay-Z if it was Mac Dre or anyone else that is brought up on this board daily every one would be talking about how heated the song was. I guess I am just not seeing the whole "Biting" point of view here.

May 29, 2002
the problem i got with it is gay-z is ridin pacs dick while pac he hated him. tupac talked hella shit about jay-z but jay-z luvs tupac

May 9, 2002
bayGIANTS said:
the problem i got with it is gay-z is ridin pacs dick while pac he hated him. tupac talked hella shit about jay-z but jay-z luvs tupac
yep yep..that's the main problem i see with it.......plus i've always hated jay-z and think he is a fag....but that's besides the point...

..i didn't like when lil wayne used the bad boy beat for their new song either...(although i don't really like bad boy)

..and i sure as fuck didn't like puffy stealing the luniz "i got 5 on it" beat

...but back to jay-z...i put on the radio the other day..and i heard this shit..and i'm like "this has gotta be a fuckin joke"...first off, the song is gay with jay-z rappin on it.....secondly, as stated before, PAC HATED JAY-Z...now jay-z using pac to get money??..that's bitch shit right there

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I havent always hated Jay Z. In fact Big Pimpin' is my cell phone ringtone and I like that shit. He had a few good songs.

But overall, now, he just fucking sucks. I came to realization that he does not have very much skill in rapping. He has mainstream skill - knowing how to sell himself, but otherwise... shitt..

May 2, 2002
Originally posted by Mr.Strike
I still don't understand why it is biting. Was it biting when C-Bo and Capt Save Em remade "Ambitionz Az A Rider?"

That was basically a tribute song to pac. Saying that they were still ridin for em. Tributes & remakes of songs aren't the same thing.

Was Pac biting Qunicy Jones when he used "Body Heat" for How do you want it.

First of all that was a sample not a remake of the entire song. Jay-Z used the same concept, verses, and beats 2pac used for Me And My Girlfriend. Sampling a rapper is cool because rap is famous for that but remaking an entire song word for word by a rapper that hated you? How is that tight? I hate it when a rapper remakes someone elses song because it usually comes out sounding like shit, just like ja rule ruined 2pac's "pain". I don't care where your from, west coast, south, north, east coast, copying another rappers song word for word and trying to get paid off of it is really uncreative, come up with your own shit!!!

Also with that 2pac "Pain" & Method Man "Bring The Pain" thing. Both songs came out the same year, how do you know that method man didn't bite 2pac or both of them ripped another rapper? How does that even relate to remaking a song? Pac didn't use the same beat as method man & vice versa.

Oct 4, 2002
510outtapocket.com
yall got to learnt he difference between biting and flipping it, using the same samples and biting sample ideas....

Biting - using someone elses lyrics and taking full credit of it...

Flipping it - using someone elses lyrics but doing it saucier, or changing the meaning

Sampling -everyone and they mom samples..thats hip hop... theres mnothing creative bout taking the already sampled instrumental and doing a song on it -puffy did the luniz that way...

bonnie and clyde 2003 -Jay is pretty much flipping a already over done topic/song.....

Oct 5, 2002
www.feenom.com
$ic K said:
he shouldnt be usin' a cats shit if that cat aint here to DO something about it, im sure PAC wouldnt accept such a idea.
did u feel the same way when ashanti fucked up biggie's "one more chance remix" beat? i highly doubt it...what did Dre do to eyrika badu for using his "explosive" instrumental? he was pac's labelmate, he's very attached to music he creates but there wasn't a problem in either one of the 2 examples i mentioned above was it? i kno puffy can't rap for shit but don't tell me u didnt like the remix he did with luniz..that was his way of making up for takin his beat even though luniz didn't say shit when he used it. dont worry what 2pac would or wouldnt accept, he's dead, i think you gotta accept that and move on with "greatest, invincible rapper" mentality :classic:

Jun 5, 2002
The only bad thing about this is when this song starts blowing up and goin on trl and everythin every1 will say what a tight concept by jayz and not know he bit it off pac

Jun 1, 2002
D-Style said:
I still don't understand why it is biting. Was it biting when C-Bo and Capt Save Em remade "Ambitionz Az A Rider?"

That was basically a tribute song to pac. Saying that they were still ridin for em. Tributes & remakes of songs aren't the same thing.

Was Pac biting Qunicy Jones when he used "Body Heat" for How do you want it.

First of all that was a sample not a remake of the entire song. Jay-Z used the same concept, verses, and beats 2pac used for Me And My Girlfriend. Sampling a rapper is cool because rap is famous for that but remaking an entire song word for word by a rapper that hated you? How is that tight? I hate it when a rapper remakes someone elses song because it usually comes out sounding like shit, just like ja rule ruined 2pac's "pain". I don't care where your from, west coast, south, north, east coast, copying another rappers song word for word and trying to get paid off of it is really uncreative, come up with your own shit!!!

Also with that 2pac "Pain" & Method Man "Bring The Pain" thing. Both songs came out the same year, how do you know that method man didn't bite 2pac or both of them ripped another rapper? How does that even relate to remaking a song? Pac didn't use the same beat as method man & vice versa.

So what you are saying then is if Jay-Z was doing this as a tribute to Pac it would be alright. Lets think about this. If Pac was still around what is to say that him, Big, and Jay wouldn't be some kind of super group? In all honesty it really doesn't matter if people don't like it or not it is still being made and it will still be heard by the public and there is nothing that can stop it so why sit here and cry like some little bitches because a rapper that you don't like remade a song by Tupac. Tupacs shit ain't sacred. I like Pacs music just as much as the next man but at the same time I also like Jay-Z. If your whole musical taste revolves just around Bay rap or just west coast in general then you are like Steve Harvey said "Lacking Major Shit" Oh yeah the whole Pac and method man thing. Tical came out in 94 Pacs album was in 96 pimpin. two years apart. Bottom line Jay-Z is remaking a Tupac song, Get over it!

Jun 2, 2002
whats wack is if the biter doesn't give tribute to the sole founder of the orignal idea, you know something like "ice, ice baby", and in not doing so i would hope that the biter gets fucked by the industry.

Apr 26, 2002
i'm jus bein realer than real bout this: i don't like jay-z so year, i don't like it when he "bit" pac. as far as everyone else bitin, i could care less. hehe. fold.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I am with Mad Dogg on this one. First of all Tim and DJ Mark 7 always take up for Jay-Z. About a half year ago I posted something about Jay-Z biting west coast artist and I caught major heat. Now look... He's still biting!

First off Jay-Z doesn't have skills period. He's very overrated. I seen a show on BET and he was freestyling and he kept stopping and pausing. I've listened to little bits and pieces from his albums and I was not impressed. He's supposed to be one of the top M.C.'s in the rap game and can't even buss from the head not to mention he keeps jackin' west coast artist for their slang, ideas, and music concepts. When will some of you realize? If Jay-Z was from the bay he wouldn't even be known. He's just "popular" that's all!