CIVILIZATION:IV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
BUY IT

The civilization games are my favorite games of any platform (PC,PS2, Nintendo, etc.) ever. I've been playing Civ since the first one in the early 90's. The newest one is tight too. It's kinda similar to Age of Empires, more turn-based, less action, more strategy. Don't expect awesome graphics or fast paced action. Its the type of game you just have to think through to plot out your moves to outwit your opponents. The best part about Civilization is the re-playability. A newly random generated world every time with different outcomes everytime. It’s a game that will grow on you the more you play. There are many levels of difficulty and styles of play depending on the Civilization you pick. The high sales of this game are due to fans from prior versions coming back for more. Once your hooked, its all over. Be prepared to lose a lot of sleep.

If you get the game, jump right in and start playing it. The manual is big and somewhat confusing. You can get awesome tips and strategies at www.civfanatics.com

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
DASICCLV702 said:
its hard to beat that shit like im almost gettin to the end then the time is over the thing is to short
you probably set it to a quick or normal game, epic and marathon take much longer. The bigger you make the world the longer it takes too, due to micromanaging all your cities. Sometimes that can be a drag.

there are several ways to win, conquering everyone, space race, cultural victory, diplomatic victory and something else.

What Civilization did you play?

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
DASICCLV702 said:
the american civilization
I figured so, LOL. They're kind of hard to play. They're Unique Unit (Navy Seal) is fair at best.

If you're a warmonger, play the Romans. Their Praetorian unit is strong. Research Bronze Working then Iron Working, find and mine Iron and then you can crush the opposition by cranking out Praetorian units.

My favorite thus far is Russians (Catherine), followed by Chinese (Qin Shi Huang). Their financial trait will help with money issues in the middle part of the game.

May 2, 2002
DASICCLV702 said:
i want to play multiplayer but it says i have to download somethin when i did it didnt even move it stayed on the 0% do i need broadband for that cuz i got dial up
i think alot of people have had trouble downloading the upgrades directly through the game. Especially w/o broadband. Go to civfanatics.com and you might find a link to the patch at at yousendit or somewhere similar.