Can Its Own Popularity Be Its Downfall?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
I'm not even sure how to put this in words but everyday I see more n more posers latching onto the new bay area trend. The sad thing? They don't know shit. All they do all day is listen to Tell Me When to Go, because the sad thing is, that's the only bay area song they probably know. Is this bad? FUCK YES! Not even that but now I see stupid kids make thizz faces while taking pictures, but you see that ain't the shit that dissapoints me. It's the fact that I ask these people if they know what thizz is and they reply telling me in the most innocent voice, "I don't know what thizz is but I know how to thizz". WTF?! Now I'm scared because now all the posers think they the shit now cause they from the bay and that that just gives them some sort of street cred. What do you think about this? Am I paranoid from the weed or what?

Dec 6, 2004
there willa always people jumping on the bandwagon. to be honest with you i jusmped on the band wagon too but this was like twards the end of the 90s maybe 2000 but ever since mac dre died it seems that bay area culture grew more rapidly

Aug 8, 2003
i think its a double edged sword..

on the one hand... the popularity its getting can open up new doors for other bay artists and the bayarea in general.. Its about time that the bay had a song that almost everybody knos...

but on the other hand... the popularity that it gets is a welcome invitation to bandwagon hoppers but to be honest what fad, style etc. is immune too fakers????

I say, let the square bears help spread the bay shit...anybody who looks at someone who faking and thinks that they are what reps the bay ain worth the following to begin with...