Bullet - Can I Go?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
1. Intro (Pork)
2. Summer Breeze
3. Don't Hate Tha Playaz
4. Eastside
5. Look To Tha Sky
6. I'm A Rider
7. Westcoast Playaz
8. Intermission
9. You Can Have That Trick
10. Life Up In Tha Game
11. Bellevue Luv
12. Don't Hate Tha Playaz II
13. When I Die
14. Eastside (Radio Version)
15. Can I Go?
16. Outro
Intro (Pork)
Production : Pork
Vocals : Pork
An intro introducing Bullet. It's done by Pork, it's just an intro and not even a very good one.
"Bullet, the newest hardest motherfucker to hit you..."

Summer Breeze
Vocals : Bullet, KayKay & Eklipz
I don't know why but I'm just not feeling Pork's production. Agreed, a hard bass is cool sometimes but don't overdo it. The hook on the other hand is real cool, KayKay drop some nice vocals real smooth. Bullet sounds somewhat bored. Can't blame him ... with this kinda beat, who wouldn't?
"It's that summer breeze I feel when I roll the Cadillac. It's that summer breeze I feel from the Eastside to the Sac..."

Don't Hate Tha Playaz
Production : Hakim
Vocals : Jazz, Eklipz, KayKay, Shaolin, Bullet, Miss Chiviss, J-Ritz & Arjay
Now this I like, it's not Pork on the beat this time but Hakim. It's a pretty good beat, I heard it before though. This song has two parts, I wonder why cause this song is already 11 minutes long. All the people on this song all come pretty tight, although I wish KayKay would write her own rhymes, that'd be a little tighter. She drops a nice verse on this one though. For more information on this song check my comments on track 12 ... or in other words : part 2.
"It's a shame for some fame you diss my name. Don't hate the playas, hate the game..."

Eastside
Production : Jon Lindahl
Vocals : Bullet & Jazz
This beat is okay, nothing special, maybe a little too slow. Honestly I think they could've made more of this song. Jazz has the voice but this song is a little slow so he sounds forced. Bullet sounds pretty good on this song though, although I like him more over a beat that's a little faster. What I think is real tight is the part at the end where Jazz sings ... lovely!
"Eastside, Eastside is where all my hoes be at..."

Look To Tha Sky
Vocals : J-Ritz, Arjay, Wojack & Bullet
This right here is my favourite track off the album. The production is tight, real smooth. Arjay, who has thé tightest voice I éver heard, for real, drops a heated hook, very deep. Bullet and Arjay sound real great together, Bullet rapping and Arjay doing the background vocals. I can honestly say this song will touch anyone who likes music. The others are cool too, but they don't sound as good together as Arjay and Bullet do.
"We tried to leave, leave the game behind but we couldn't find our way. So I'm out here all the time, yeah yeah, I'm asking God why you had to die. And when I think of you, you know that I look to tha sky..."

I'm A Rider
Vocals : Bullet
The beat sounds okay, once again nothing special. Bullet comes real tight, he raps a little faster than the other tracks, I can't say I don't like that. The hook is done by Bullet too, it's kind of short. It's a lyrical song wich is done pretty good.
"I'm a rider, Eastsider..."

Westcoast Playaz
Vocals : Bullet, Jazz & KayKay
I like this beat, it's kind of bouncy, and I always loved soft guitars. The hook is so damn tight, Jazz & KayKay on that one. They all come real tight, the beat could've been a little faster but I'm not complaining. Very tight track right here!
"I'm a West Coast playa. Got to get my paper so fuck you player haters..."

Intermission
Production : (none)
Vocals : Eklipz, Bullet, KayKay & Jason Matthews
You know what I found out? Intermission is another word for skit...
"You can have your motherfucking trick..."

You Can Have That Trick
Vocals : Bullet & Eklipz
Avarage track. Nothing special about the hook or the beat. Same thing for the verses, although Bullet's was a little tighter than Eklipz'. The hook is very silent though, that's a shame.
"There's too many bitches like the one you got, she tried to jock me when I hit the block..."

Life Up In Tha Game
Vocals : Bullet, Jazz & KayKay
The beat is avarage again, that seems to be one of the downparts of this album. The hook is okay, pretty good even. The verses are pretty good, but once again nothing special. I guess you could say this is song is close to good, but still in the avarage zone. Got to respect them for showing love to where they come from though.
"I love this Bellevue game though my pain won't go away..."

Bellevue Luv
This one starts like you're going to get something really fast paced and funny. But guess again, the beat is slow and even kind of dark. It's alright though, it has some of those guitars in there that remind you of the 80's. The song is very lyrical, the verses are pretty good. One question, where and what is the hook? Another avarage song.
"This is for the town, you know I'm a thug. I'm going to put it down, showing Bellevue love."

Don't Hate Tha Playaz II
Vocals : Bullet, Jazz, Shaolin, Jaytee & Boli
This is real tight here, it's actually the same beat as the first version, wich is a pitty but it sounds like it's been mixed down better. Maybe K-Lou has something to do with it? They all come real tight, especially Bullet & Jay Tee. You can also find this song on the second Playas Association "Full Time Hustlin".
"Bitch if you can't buy me six or seven Long Islands I can't really talk to you..."

When I Die
I don't know what's up with this Pork dude, but I just don't feel his beats. That's what makes this song the worst off the album. The verse is alright, so is the hook ... but that beat. You might want to skip this song.
"When I die in the streets, wipe my brother's eyes. Find a better place to lie so I can rest in peace..."

Eastside (Radio Version)
Vocals : Bullet & Jazz
The edited version of track 4 ... yeah really.
"Eastside, Eastside, I want to grow. My life on the Eastside, Eastside.."

Can I Go?
Vocals : Bullet & Arjay
The albums finishes off with the second tightest song off the album. The beat is real smooth for a change. The verses are real tight. And a Bullet / Arjay combo can never go wrong. Really tight song!!!
"Can I go, can I go? Can I find my way? ..."

Outro
Production : A Real Playa
Vocals : Some pimps bitch
An outro, nothing special.
"I love rolling them Cadillacs on them high sunny days so tell your bitch to ride with me and feel the summer breeze..."

I can definitly say this is a good debut album. It has 4 of the tightest tracks I ever heard, especially "Look To Tha Sky" and the title track "Can I Go?". No songs need to be skipped, except maybe that "When I Die" song. If I have to say something negative about this album it's the beats. They're all avarage, except two, and are all the same so that makes it a little monotonous. You can check www.eastsideriderz.com. If you want to listen to some of Bullet's song you should visit http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/374/eastside_records.html.

For the full review check : http://users.skynet.be/velvetmusic/014.htm

Peace!!