Brother Ali

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2004
This is one of my first times in here and i'm somewhat disappointed at all the gangsta rap that's discussed in here. Am I the only one that sees a DISTINCT difference between hip hop and gangsta rap?

anyway.....i think brother ali's the hottest shit out there hip hop-wise. what you all think?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yes i do think there is a difference between hip hop and gangsta rap but that doesnt mean ppl cant post whatever they want,cause thats why this forum was made...but on the subject brother ali is way underrated in my opinion...i still bump all his shit on a regular basis,from rites of passage,and shadows on the sun,and even though champion is only like 10 tracks they are all solid...even though he is one of my favorites,dont think i can say he is the hottest out there,alot of ppl brining heat in underground hip hop

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Hip Hop is the broad classification that includes gangsta rap, backpack rap, southern, west coast, east coast, etc. So basically anything hip hop can be discussed in here whether it be E-40 or Mos Def, Jadakiss or Consequence.

Mar 11, 2004
yeah, i know there's a lot of tight underground shit. i can honestly say that there hasn't been one ali song that i havn't liked though. the beats are funky and i like his voice and the way he flows. his shit's funny as fuck too.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
while we are talking about that ali...does anybody know if he has plans to drop a LP anytime soon,like a full album...cause champion was an EP and i wasnt sure if he was droppin that to lead up to his new album or just dropped that as a new album