BROCK LESNAR VS SHANE CARWIN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WHO YOU GOT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 9, 2008
How bout when carwin dropped like 3 clean bows right on his face..sorry but i don't feel brock was intellegently defending...he was pretty much doing the same think frank mir was when brock got a tko in there 2nd fight.. by ref stopage

Jan 7, 2004
How bout when carwin dropped like 3 clean bows right on his face..sorry but i don't feel brock was intellegently defending...he was pretty much doing the same think frank mir was when brock got a tko in there 2nd fight.. by ref stopage
Brock had Mir by the back of his head and was smothering the rest of his body, Mir was not scrambling, Mir came to a point where he could not block one shot, Brock was holding his other arm. Mir only had half of one hand blocking and then that hand dropped and he was not blocking a single shot.

Carwin was absolutely connecting with some good shots but when only 3 out of 5 land, it makes it appear that you are missing/he is blocking a lot of them. Mir was not doing that.

Sorry but this /\/\/\/\ was not what Carwin was doing.

Oct 9, 2008
One way or the other i don't think anybody would've complained about a stopage! I accept the fact that Carwin lost the fight but if dana/lesnar don't give carwin a rematch they lil bitches and i say the non-stopage was do to the ufc having ulterior motives..

Jan 7, 2004
One way or the other i don't think anybody would've complained about a stopage! I accept the fact that Carwin lost the fight but if dana/lesnar don't give carwin a rematch they lil bitches and i say the non-stopage was do to the ufc having ulterior motives..
I am very glad they didn't stop it, I wish they would wait longer to stop fights do to referee's decision but I probably wouldn't have complained too much if they would have. I just feel that the ref made the right decision.

The refs work for the athletic commission not the UFC, so unless you are saying there is a huge conspiracy and they are paying the refs off.

Carwin will get to fight again but it was already stated before the fight that Cain would get the winner, so nothing they can do about it now. Carwin's still a top HW and I expect him to still take out most that they put in front of him but if it's Brock, then Brock is who I will be rooting for. I know people can't stand Brock but I like the guy and enjoy his fights.

May 17, 2004
^^yeah i doubt that. if the ref wants to stop it he will, hes not going to ask the guy getting punched. it wasnt a sub attempt where someone would submit voluntarily

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
The full list of medical suspensions includes:

* Krzysztof Soszynski: must have his left thumb cleared by doctor or suspended until Dec. 31; minimum suspension runs until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18
* Chris Tuchscherer: must have left ear cleared by ear, nose and throat doctor or suspended until Dec. 31; minimum suspension runs until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18 for right cheek laceration
* Seth Petruzelli: must have right elbow strain cleared by orthopedic doctor or suspended until Dec. 31; minimum suspension runs until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18.
* Kurt Pellegrino: must have his left knee cleared with orthopedic doctor or suspended until Dec. 31; minimum suspension runs until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3
* Ricardo Romero: must have broken left lower jaw cleared by oral, maxillary facial surgeon or suspended until Dec. 31; minimum suspension runs until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18.

* Shane Carwin: suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18
* Dave Branch: suspended until Sept. 2 with no contact until Aug. 18

* Brock Lesnar: suspended until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 for right eyelid and left eyebrow lacerations
* Yoshihiro Akiyama: suspended until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 for "tough fight"
* Stephan Bonnar: suspended until Aug. 18 with no contact until Aug. 3 for facial lacerations

looks like UFC 119 is most likely gonna be brock vs cain september 25th

May 6, 2009
Brock definitely does not like getting hit
LMAO, yeah because every other fighter out there LOVES getting hit by Carwin's 5XL lunch boxes right? SMH

The refs don't work for the UFC, they work for the athletic commision smart guy. Way to make yourself look like a retard lol.

I am literally "laughing my ass off" reading some of these people say this fight was "fixed". This stuff is hilarious. The fight should not have been stopped. Was it close? Yes. But you can't say it undoubtedly should have been stopped. I have the fight on my DVR and have watched it about 10 times. About half of Carwin's punches were blocked. Brock's arms are fucking HUGE and pretty much covered his whole face. Carwin gassed, which he should have considering how many punches he threw, and Brock took him down with ease in the 2nd round. Awesome fight and I'm happy with the way Brock acted after the fight.

Now on to Cain vs Brock.....Brock wins no doubt about it. Cain doesn't have the punching power Carwin has....not even close, so the only way he wins is by sub (which I don't see), or by decision which I also don't see since it will be a 5 round fight. Brock is just too big for Cain.

Oct 9, 2008
You's a muthafuckin fool..guarantee nobody would had said SHIT, If they stopped the fight other then, "Brock got his ass whipped!!" Sorry carwin got robbed...And no i would not put it past the ufc to make payoffs to the athletic commision..they got the money! That shit was hella suspect! But like i said REMATCH and no complaints from me..

May 6, 2009
On another note watch boxing and then talk bout the integrity of the "Athletic Commision" Come on dude..
You didn't say you thought they paid off the athletic comission. You made it seem like Dana told his employees backstage "Yeah guys, we need Brock to win. Make sure it goes that way" like the refs worked for him. Either way, Brock got right up and was absolutely fine between rounds and after. THere's nothing worse than sitting there after a fight wondering if the fight should have continued, especially a fight of this calibur. I can understand people saying Rosenthal fucked up by not stopping the fight, whatever, but to say the shit was "fixed" is fucking hilarious.

It's over and done with so crying that it should have been stopped is going to do nothing. Brock vs Cain next and I'm sure we will see Brock vs Carwin in the near future.

One last thing, if it's Brock vs Carwin you want to see next, it's not gonna happen. Maybe you didn't hear them say throughout the night that Cain was going to ger the winner regardless of who it was.

May 6, 2009
Again, REMATCH and no complaints from me and yes i am aware it will not be lesnars next fight!
Then don't complain lol. Brock beats Cain and winner of JDS and Nelson, and your boy Carwin wins one, or at the most, two more fights and you get to see your rematch.

Nov 7, 2006
if shit was flipped and it was Carwin on the ground getting beat up the same guys saying it should be stopped would scream and bitch if it did. it was an awesome nonstop from the ref and other refs should take note. and awesome sub by Brock, i am officially a fan now after seeing he can come from adversity and he can do more than lay on people and punch. he's scary good for such a new fighter and it looks like he's getting much much better. kudos to Brock

Jan 7, 2004
You's a muthafuckin fool..guarantee nobody would had said SHIT, If they stopped the fight other then, "Brock got his ass whipped!!" Sorry carwin got robbed...And no i would not put it past the ufc to make payoffs to the athletic commision..they got the money! That shit was hella suspect! But like i said REMATCH and no complaints from me..
I wouldn't really say he got robbed, Brock was never really out, he stayed moving and trying to defend. I will agree Brock was getting his ass whooped but who tapped and quit in the second?

Jan 7, 2004
if shit was flipped and it was Carwin on the ground getting beat up the same guys saying it should be stopped would scream and bitch if it did. it was an awesome nonstop from the ref and other refs should take note. and awesome sub by Brock, i am officially a fan now after seeing he can come from adversity and he can do more than lay on people and punch. he's scary good for such a new fighter and it looks like he's getting much much better. kudos to Brock
Absolutely, I have mentioned it before. So many people just hate Brock. I mean shit let guys fight unless:

A) They are not defending strikes (Like I have pointed out that only a little more than half the strikes were landing)

OR

B) The fighter defending is covering up and not moving whatsoever, not scrambling, not changing positions nothing.

Plain and simple Brock was moving and he was blocking. He never stopped either, Carwin was bringing it to him big time and was giving Brock a beating no one has been able to but he made it through and Carwin had nothing left.

Dec 9, 2005
^ Exactly. See the thing is, with the outcome of the fight, you can make a very strong argument that Rosenthal was in the right for not stopping the fight. Refs are supposed to protect the fighter when he is unable to do so themselves, but it wasn't like Brock was getting beaten senseless, because he ended the round on his feet...then went on to immediately score the double, and submit Carwin within a minute or two.

Sorry, I think that was just a phenomenal job by Rosenthal. I hate to see fights get Mazagatti'd...and would rather give these fighters a chance to show their heart, not to a point where it would be a danger to them, obviously.