Bringing BAY AREA 2 THE FOREFRONT!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
OK. I’m going to address this the best I can without going into too much of an idea that hasn’t been ‘fine tuned’ yet.
As far as the label coalition or label group (any name for now) is concerned I need to ask some questions and put out some facts.
I was talking to my new homie from Tact Out last night for almost an hour and after I got off the phone with him, I remember telling myself that I hope more labels out there have his optimism.
We kicked around a few ideas and discussed how labels might feel about certain things.
My first question to you, the label, is what kind of time would you be willing to give to uniting Bay Area labels?
Would you be willing to pay dues?
Would you be willing to reduce the cost of your CD to your distributor, so we can MAKE SURE the list price come down to a competitive price?
Would you be willing to help with drop shipments?
Would you be willing to help hand out the next labels POP?
Would you be willing to give up concert information so that another label that has a CD dropping can get some exposure?
Would you be willing to go to radio and help shop radio friendly cuts?
Would you be willing to call retail and request a title from OUR organization that has a title dropping?
Would you be willing to call radio and request a song that we know they have because we dropped it off the previous week?
Would you be willing to tag OUR organizations logo on your release?
Would you be willing to smash as a huge unit to shows and represent Bay Area (Cali) rap, your label and OUR organization as often as we can organize it?
There’s more to this than just saying you want to be a part of it. WE have to do it.

There will be a governing body that WILL be compassionate to everyone’s needs. The governing body will consist of people like you.
There will be monthly meetings.
I’m going too deep into this right now because I haven’t worked out all the details yet. I just wanted you to get a feel of where I’m coming from with this and where WE can go with it.
After meeting a lot of you on Saturday I can comfortably say that Bay Area rap isn’t dead, we just need to find it in ourselves to lead the way back into the forefront!
Take this shit back from the Snoops, the Xibits (There’s nothing wrong with those cats) and get what’s ours.
There’s enough money out there for everyone.

This can’t be done by one person, by two people or even five. WE need to be a unit. It’s going to take ALL of us. From the artist, the producer, the label, the promoter, the distributor, the graphics dude. EVERYONE.

So I say again, I’m not all talk and neither should you. I said that I would put this shit out there and I have started it. I need you to finish it.
So please read and reread this. Answer the questions and be a part of something bigger than just yourself.
Cuda