Billboard: #49!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
I really doubt it'll crack top 20 just because of the pure oversaturation of shitty music that's too popular... but it's good to see it climbing instead of sinking..

anybody know what Everready peaked at?

Sep 7, 2004
There was not lack of promotion, There was just a little less promotion than Everready and previous albums. The next album is the one that will be really pushed. MLK is a great record but remember, it was more of a large scale "mixtape", Strange Music style.

The album is also #3 on the Independent Chart and #4 on the Rap Chart.

Aug 31, 2005
hawke, really?

i saw ER ads on mtv2 pretty often...never saw the MLK ad once, and no street team promos...then again i could have just missed it

any idea on when we will get release updates on other strange releases, other than critical bill?

btw all u fuckers support other strange artist, mostly talking to the new folks

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
skai21 said:
There was not lack of promotion, There was just a little less promotion than Everready and previous albums. The next album is the one that will be really pushed. MLK is a great record but remember, it was more of a large scale "mixtape", Strange Music style.

The album is also #3 on the Independent Chart and #4 on the Rap Chart.
real talk...

thats dope...more exposure the better

Sep 26, 2002
holy shit!

before i looked inside this thread i was sure that the thread starter meant he was 49 on the indie or hip hop charts... but 49 on the billboard main chart is impressive for this release...

seems like all the promotion for everready worked (longer term effects of putting the artist out there and not just the short term of promoting that exact album)

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
While this landed one spot ahead of where Everready landed First Week, it's not exactly that impressive. Everready's 22,000 first week sales compared to MLK's 13,000? That's nearly HALF.

Sep 26, 2002
Kain said:
While this landed one spot ahead of where Everready landed First Week, it's not exactly that impressive. Everready's 22,000 first week sales compared to MLK's 13,000? That's nearly HALF.
no, but you have to look at it in the context of what everybody else in the industry is selling at this time