Best Mixed Martial Artists?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Anderson Silva is the best MMA fighter in the world. Period.

Fedor is behind him, then GSP.

I can think of a few HW's that could give Fedor some trouble. Who knows, MAYBE even beat him. I can not think of a single solitary MW in the world that could fuck with Silva right now. You can look at this in one of two ways; either the HW division is stacked with more talent OR Silva has done such an amazing job completely dominating his division that he makes everyone else seem average. I choose to believe the latter. When I watch him fight it almost appears as if he's bored. This is also evident when he talks about dropping to fight GSP or moving up to HW. Moreover, and I may be going too far with this, I think he has a legitimate chance (probably an understatement) at beating ANYONE in the LH division.

Now, you must understand; I am a pretty big Fedor fan. I would hate, HATE to see him lose to anyone. When I saw him getting pounded by Rodgers I literally was filled with emotion (mostly anger/frustration). As far as Silva goes, I just have a great admiration and respect for his fighting ability. If he lost I really wouldnt care. I would be shocked more than anything.

Dec 9, 2005
Does BJ Penn's willingness to fight much larger guys, and take on fights he really shouldn't hurt him in these types of discussions?

Feb 12, 2004
The best mixed martial artist is probably GSP. Dude could most likely compete at high level amateur or greater in all his disciplines he trains in. Can't say the same for any other champ except maybe BJ.

Nov 7, 2006
Anderson Silva p4p can beat anyone in his way. and prolly can beat anyone in any weight class too. Fedor would be up there if he didnt bitch out and actually fought in the ufc. after watching strikeforce everyone thats in there for heavyweights go there to die. and fedor is just feeding on the week. Silva fight top tier fighters and even wanted to fight a pro-boxer., he's best hands down.