BEST 5 MAN ROTATION IS MLB

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
lol with respect to the other teams

hopefully Harden learned an off speed pitch to go with the heat - if so he'll be nasty. Duroscher? is that his name . He showed some potential too.

Cubs and stros have sick staffs - cubs need a real closer

How many games will pedro pitch before he's hurt?

Cant wait for baseball...best thing to bet on

The yanks? Brown - see above

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
LIL CEEZ MAKIN GEEZ said:
i might be biased but come on

1.huddy
2.special agent mulder
3.zito
4.redman
5.harden

with reSpect to the cubbies,bo sox,stros,and yanks we got shit locked down

LETS GO OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cubs got it sewed up.Prior,Wood,Maddux,Zambrano,and Me,and you got a better staff.To bad Oakland has to bat every inning.

May 8, 2002
i might be biased but come on

1.huddy
2.special agent mulder
3.zito
4.redman
5.harden

with reSpect to the cubbies,bo sox,stros,and yanks we got shit locked down

LETS GO OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT GET ME WRONG THE A's HAVE A GREAT STAFF, ACTUALLY ONE OF THE BEST INBASEBALL, BUT I PERSONALLY CANT CONSIDER THEM "THE BEST: SIMPLY BECAUSE NONE OF THE PITCHERS IN THAT ROTATION IS DOMINANT.

THEY ARE GOOD TO GREAT BUT NOT DOMINANT. AND THAT IS WHY I WOULD NEVER CALL THEM THE BEST.

May 10, 2002
YEAH THE A'S DO HAVE ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST, UNFORTUNITLY IT HASNT HELPED THEM IN THE POSTSEASON.

EVERYONE BETTER NOT FORGET ABOUT THE ASTROS.

Mar 12, 2004
^^^^^^well who would you say is the best

zito has his cy young and mulder and huddy finished second the last 2 seasons
i would say definatley

Bosox: Pedro Martinez and Curt Schilling=Dominant

Yankees: Kevin Brown, Mike Mussina, Javier Vasquez=Dominant

Cubs: Mark Prior, Kerry Wood=Dominant

on the A's there are NO DOMINANT pitchers. Zito has almost never thrown 90 MPH (he is usually in the 88-89 range), Hudson is always in the 91-92 MPH range. the only guy that can be DOMINANT is Mulder (at times he can bring the heat at the 93-95 range) but he never gets the credit he deserves. and in my opinion Mulder is the best pitcher on that staff.

May 10, 2002
^^^ WHAT YOU TALKEN BOUT NONE OF THE 3 ARE DOMINANT PITCHERS, YES THEY HAVE ALL HAD THERE STRUGGLES BUT THEY HAVE HAD THERE HIGHS AND THEY HAVE HAD A LOT MORE HIGHS THEN LOWS, TAKE A WILD GUESS WHY THEY HAVE GOT TO 100 WINS THESE LAST COUPLE SEASONS THEY SHUT DOWN OPPENENTS,

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM THEM TO THROW A PERFECT GAME CONSISTENTLY???? WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE AVERAGE SPEED THEY THROW THE BALL THEY STILL SHUT MOST TEAMS DOWN!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Playa510 said:
^^^ WHAT YOU TALKEN BOUT NONE OF THE 3 ARE DOMINANT PITCHERS, YES THEY HAVE ALL HAD THERE STRUGGLES BUT THEY HAVE HAD THERE HIGHS AND THEY HAVE HAD A LOT MORE HIGHS THEN LOWS, TAKE A WILD GUESS WHY THEY HAVE GOT TO 100 WINS THESE LAST COUPLE SEASONS THEY SHUT DOWN OPPENENTS,

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM THEM TO THROW A PERFECT GAME CONSISTENTLY???? WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE AVERAGE SPEED THEY THROW THE BALL THEY STILL SHUT MOST TEAMS DOWN!!!
dont get me wrong i like the A's and their starting pitchers are great. its just that in my opinion none of them are dominant.

its like if you are pitching in game 7 of the world series who do you want on the mound for you
1. multiple CY Young winners Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens or Pedro Martinez in their prime
or
2. multiple CY Young winner Greg Maddox or Tim Hudson or Barry Zito in their prime?

thats what i mean by doninant. Look at Jaime Moyer. yes he gets the jod done year in and year out but are batters afraid of him like they are of the Schillings, Clemens, and/or Priors of the world?

Playa510 said:
YES THEY HAVE ALL HAD THERE STRUGGLES BUT THEY HAVE HAD THERE HIGHS AND THEY HAVE HAD A LOT MORE HIGHS THEN LOWS,
i know. they rarely have lows (zito does tends to hits low spots though). in all reality they are consistant. i am just saying that yes they win many game and yes they get the job done but they just DONT dominate the opposing batters.

Playa510 said:
WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE AVERAGE SPEED THEY THROW THE BALL THEY STILL SHUT MOST TEAMS DOWN!!!
its called INTIMIDATION. batters are intimidated by the Clemens, Martinez, Johnsons of the world therefore those pitchers DOMINATE while other GREAT pitchers such as Mulder and Hudson they dont put that fear in their opponants. so while ya they do win they dont have that extra OOMPH that the really great ones have.

heres a piece on a top scouts idea on how many true aces their are in MLB. i think he posted the top 15 pitchers in his opinion.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/columnists/askba.html
Looking through the major leagues, I came up with 15 pitchers who have established themselves as No. 1 starters (assuming they're healthy). I'll list them alphabetically: Kevin Brown, Roger Clemens (his stuff is still that good), Bartolo Colon, Roy Halladay, Tim Hudson, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Matt Morris, Mark Mulder, Mike Mussina, Roy Oswalt, Mark Prior, Curt Schilling, Jason Schmidt and Javier Vazquez. Josh Beckett and Johan Santana definitely have the stuff but haven't established the portfolio yet.

I don't include Kerry Wood because his command is just average, or Barry Zito because neither his second pitch nor his command measure up. That doesn't mean they're not stars. They just don't fit the classic definition of a No. 1.

Apr 25, 2002
its easy. the cubs...

Wood
Prior
Maddux
Clement
and
Zambrano.

All throw HEAT!!! and all have Junk.

Borowski has potential to be a great closer, he just needs experience. if he cant do it, farnsworth will step up and do it. Farnsworth can throw as hard as wood or prior.

shadow