BAY AREA ARTIST SHOULD NETWORK ON A NATIONAL SCALE!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 16, 2005
BAY AREA ARTIST SHOULD NETWORK TOGETHER ON A NATIONAL LEVEL!!!

40 is doing his thing, but now the rest of the bay needs a little light too. We supposed to do like other regions and hit em, hit em then hit em again.

Look at Houston, when you mention Houston you think. UGK (Bun B, Pimp C), Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Slim Thugg, Lil Flip & Chamillionaire plus Scarface still doing his thing. They've all networked together on that national level for the world to see.

Now when you holla out Atlanta (when they was running it), you think T.I., Lil Jon, YoungBloodz, BoneCrusher, Sleepy Brown (whatever dude name was) then you throw in Jermaine Dupree, & Usher (cuz even though he R&B he still networked with them other cats Monica too) Outkast, Goodie Mob they all bubbled showed us Cool Breeze (Watch for the Hook). They all did it together and intergamed with each other on that national level. Honestly I never knew who T.I. was back in the day. I first remember seeing him in the Bonecrusher remix video. Talking bout "shaking & shivering on da pavement" or something. Then I see other videos that he dropped before and I'm like oh that was him.

Okay, now when Master P left the bay, he had a team of people but right there along side No Limit was Cash Money but they had a team as well. So even though they didn't work together both those camps together brought alot of attention to Louisanna.

All the talk on how we fumbled the ball 10-11 years ago. Here's our chance to get it right. We didn't fumble the last time because our artist didn't produce quality product. Our artist have dropped a ton of classic CD's not singles CD's since the early 90's. But can't one camp do it alone.

We got our Bay squad, 40 Water, B-Legit, Turf Talk, Federation, Messy Marv, San Quinn, Keak Da Sneak, Mistah F.A.B., Ya Boy, Bailey, The Team, Thizz Ent. and (insert your favorite Bay Rapper Here_____________ and here _______________ oh and here too ________________. Because that's how much heat we have. Oh when I say Bay that includes Sac too. 45-60 miles aint much they on what we on. Don't forget to throw in a Keshai Cole, J. Valentine, Levitti, Allen Athony or Goapele. Dewayne Wiggins and Rapheal Sadiq still get down too. We have heat out here.

My point, 40 is going to get more sales when he drop U & Dat, he got T-Pain on there and T-Pain be having them songs that be on the radio and other cats that don't exactly feel what we feeling be checking for. Plus everyone that's late will scoop it up. But now why don't you drop U & Dat on that big scale then drop like a Muscle Cars video a little bit after. That gives the Nation another look at Keak plus they get to put a face and name to Turf Talk. We know them already but you got little Timmy whose 14 sitting there watching his MTV going "that's the same 2 cats in the 3 freaks video". Then he checking for Keak and Turf. Let's see more cats from different camps featured on different videos for the world to see. Imagine a Get on My Hype remix video. Or the Super Hyphy Thizz Remix video. We know who our artist are. Our artist should network on a national level and let the rest of the nation see.

Would we have really paid attention to Paul Wall if he wasn't in the Still Tippin video every night awhile back? No knock on Paul Wall b/c I bought the album. But you feel me! Our Bay artist is getting they paper, but can't no 1 team do it alone. Just like how they network for us & perform for us in the bay they gotta let the nation see it the same. Just my opinion.

Jul 16, 2005
Golden Mean Frank said:
you act like it isnt happening. Rome wasnt built n a day cuddy...its a process.
Yeah it's in motion, but we all know how the rest of the industry likes to imitate, bite & steal our shit. We gotta do it in a timely fashion. You know what I mean? The industry always be looking for the next big thing. The Bay gotta capitalize on it before whatever the next shit that pops off after us comes up. But I hear you on letting it take its course though.

Also on a side note, Lil Jon gets props for having the Bay's back. I never bought a Lil Jon album legit. (I admit that shit, but I'll buy his shit now instead of burning a copy from someone Real Talk).

Aug 26, 2005
robino41510707 said:
Yeah it's in motion, but we all know how the rest of the industry likes to imitate, bite & steal our shit.
There's biters everywhere. People have to get past the style jackin and just keep makin music. The best way to show your influence is to have people bitin yo shit on a national level... I would think it would force major labels to pay more attention to bay artists.