Bank error collect $400 what should I do????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What should I do with this money???

• Total voters

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
bank tellers (especially bank tellers in training) make mistakes like that all the time. best believe they all get corrected, or there would be many MAD (and in some cases happy) people.

wells fargo is on they shit as far as that goes

the only time you MIGHT get lucky is if it happened with an ATM

MzCiN

Sicc OG
Apr 13, 2007
yea trust me this happened to my man and i.. .they gave us like 600 bucks. when i seen it i left it in there. 2 mths went by and it was still there so we was like " i think my balance is off can u please check into it " the bitch was like nope everything looks fine. so another mth passes by and my fuckin man took it out so i gave in and we spent that shit. then like 3 mths later they found out and wanted us to pay it back. dont do it...... we still havent payed em back we just opened another account.

Jul 24, 2007
yep...give it back..........I was a Teller Supervisor for Arvest bank for almost 3 years.........they will find it and take that shit outta your account if you don't give it back......they may even close your account and send you to collections if you refuse to give it back and don't have the money to cover in your account......i've seen it happen

Jul 24, 2007
Lamberto Quintero said:
If someone gave me over a thousand dollars by mistake, I'd close my account right away...

Can you do that? Or would they still make you pay it back?
you could....but they would hunt you down...lol.....and unlike most...well, everyone..the Bank has the money and the reasources to make your life a living hell untill they got it back.

Just go back to the Bank and ask to speak to the Branch manager....point out what happened "and who it was that fucked up", give him the money back and be on your way. Don't try and play the bank for a fool.....Keep in mind if they suspect you were trying to get over on them in anyway whatsoever, they can close your account and send you somewhere else......It's not like they HAVE to service you, banks have a right to close out accounts for almost any reason they deem nessecary. This is one area where the "man" will fuck you up....lol

Jan 23, 2007
Gas One said:
if you close your account theyd know for sure

unless you pull out and withdrawl 600 dollars from unknown sources alot

thats what they call a red flag

what if you did that like every month or so???
why do they care what your buyin

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
48turffin said:
what if you did that like every month or so???
nah man, peep. nothing comes from an unknown source.

except mistakes.

you know how when you write some shit on microsoft word and it puts red lines underneath the mistakes?

damn near same shit
they can easily match whatever account number they got mixed up by a simple search at the end of the banking day. which is what will happen.

600 dollars dosent just appear or dissapear. its someones money.