ATTN All computer geniuses...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 7, 2002
I know this aint the place to ask computer questions, but I dont know any1 that knows anything about it.

I'm trying to sell my old ass broken down Sony Vaio computer. I added an extra hard drive to it, its a Western Digital 30 GB. Anyway, everytime I go in my computer and click on the Drive D icon. An error that reads "D/: is not accesible. A device attached to the system is not functionung" keeps poppin up. Out of all the bad ass luck i got, This message never use to pop up before until today. and I'm selling it tomorrow.

Why the hell does it keep doing this?

By the way, I through all of the floppy disk drivers that came with hard drive. Dont ask me why i did that, cuz I dont got the answer.

If i do need a driver, where can I download it from???

much love

Aug 29, 2002
do you have the slave/master settings right?? What OS are you running... b/c if its on a FAT file system and you are running win2k or nt it runs on NTFS and wont be able to read it... Did you drop that shit? Cuz that error has came up for me, when the harddrive is crashed, if thats the case... look into a 'low level format' program for that drive... which might fix it if its just the bo0t sector which is fucked

search the newsgroups @ www.deja.com for drivers...