Attention Indiana & Missouri Artists: See if You MADE THE CUT???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I just finished up a very very lengthy project where I was creating a rap compilation for every state in the US + The District of Columbia. Huge amount of work, years of collecting and hours organizing, and doing the graphics. The finished result is 55 CDs with over 70 hours of music from 680 different artists from 251 different cities across the US. I will post 3 of the bonus CDs (3 different "50 States Compilations" with 1 track from each state in the US) on some of these boards later on.

I posted the tracklists for the MO and IN compilations b/c I know some of those artists and/or people close to them post on here. Take a look and see if you're on the list. I'd be curious to see what exactly people think of the choices.

Apr 25, 2002
midwest314 said:
dam i cant believe u have a missouri cd made with no lyrikal warfare?? the indiana cd missin a lot too man ur southern cds were much better fa sho
I have some stuff from Lyrikal Warfare and I feel their raw energy, but there were some major sound quality issues as well as production issues. When I stacked them up against the big boys from STL i.e. the St. Lunatics and now Potzee, there was just no comparison.

Apr 25, 2002
Relle$h said:
Dove - The Doctor Is In, Made The Cut Weird? Ain't To Many People Heard That Track... Also Too Much Tech On The Missouri Side
Yeah that Dove cut is a masterpiece.

I threw a lot of Tech on there b/c the man is just damn good. I have a lot of KC stuff, Rich, Fat Tone, 57th Street RDVs, etc etc but Tech and 3rd Degree outshine those guys.

Apr 25, 2002
midwest314 said:
man im sorry but the fuckin cd covers are str8 garbage man LOL u needa do some shit bout that at least make it look like a fuckin rap cd
Yeah I know, very non-traditional, I have zero graphics design experience. Because the theme of all this was geography, I had a Google Earth image for every single cover. I know it's not the way people do it and they wouldn't get grabbed off the shelf in a store, but that wasn't the point of doing them.

Apr 25, 2002
Twiztid One said:
then what is the purpose of doin this , self gratification ?
Making them? No, to have a bunch of shit to bump in the ride.

Posting it all over the siccness? No, to provoke discussion about what people think was the best out their state, but also more importantly even, to just drive home the point that there is hot stuff in almost every state in the US.