Areas Outside of Cali Considered West or Not?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2006
Just wanted to know how people felt about areas like Seattle and Portland. Both are on the west coast but they don't seem to get the same type of acceptance as being "west coast" cities from the rest of the country's perspective. Do yall think its a problem? could care less? think im wrong in my assumption? Speak ya mind.

Dec 9, 2003
they west coast. they got the same problem we got. people think the west is just LA. when the only thing LA contributed to the rap game was some talented studio rappers. exception Eazy.

Oct 19, 2004
Cats is gettin outta pocket wit that "this is west coast and that aint west coast shit." The rap game don't control what is and aint the west coast. If the shit is geographically on the west coast then its the west coast....period.

Apr 20, 2005
in the hip hop game, i think Cali better accept all the surrounding states if they wanna bring the westcoast back. But i'm sure simple minded individuals r gonna say some retarded shit like them other states arent gangsta enough. The West needs help! L.A., S.D., and the Bay cant do it by themselves. We got Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona. Fuck it, Idaho and Utah gotta get involved as well.

Aug 9, 2006
what the fuck is this bringing back the west coast shit...i never understood it...the rap game as a total fell the fuck off (in album sells)....dont look for the west coast to be "brought back" any time soon

Apr 20, 2005
thats y i said " if " artists or whatever want to bring the westcoast back. It seems like thats what people from the west want. They want the west coast to make some kind of takeover. I said it like 30 times already. THE SOUTH GOT TOO MANY STATES. Cant compete with that.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Nevada is west, but not west coast, so you're on your own there, homie. LOL

Seriously, though...I personally have never heard any good music out of Utah or Idaho, and only a handful out of Vegas. So I dunno what kind of music you're listening to, but the 'hottest' shit outta Idaho was Napoleon Dynamite.

Nov 6, 2005
Try growin up in Utah, Music is piss poor out here. On top of that, we aint mid-west and rarely get the recognition for lying in the west. Were like the little state that got shit kicked out of the choosing regions game.