are mixtapes worth getting if it aint Papoose's?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2004
it seems like the mixtape circuit has been blowing up during the past year and rappers/djs are starting to push mixtapes more than albums. i was @ tower the other day checking out the bay area mixtapes... all of them was pretty much the same shit. team, yuk, jacka, quinn, 40, and a bunch of nobodies getting a free verse... i copped one and wasnt intrigued. but, ive heard papoose's mixtapes (cause thats all he got) and dude spits some real/sick shit on his tapes. shit that makes a mixtape worth buying. other than him, all other mixtapes are just a bunch of recycled shit, mixed with nobodies spitting a verse, mixed with the dj screaming aint cutting it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't know if you like Dipset or not but all of their mixes are tight. Both as a group and solo (Hell Rell's is one of the best IMO)

All of Jae Millz mixtapes are dope as fuck (Check Harlem Nights and Back 2 the Future)

I only really fuck with mixtapes from the East Coast and some from down south. I have only heard maybe 3-4 mixtapes from the West Coast that I have liked.

Nuttkace

Apr 25, 2002
the ones that im most interested in are dj smallz southern smoke mixtapes.....and dj drama's gangsta grillz mixtapes are always classics to me

Do it

Sicc OG
Mar 11, 2005
Check out Big Mike & DJ Premier presents Teflon: "Bad News", if you like that gritty New York-stuff. He`s affiliated to M.O.P., and he got a voice which is quite similar to Shyne`s.
I listened to The Animal Planet mixtape (with Jacka and Husalah) at northern-ridaz.com, all the sound-effects(gunshots, breaking glass, sirens and so on) gave me a headache.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
45Yr Old Virgin said:
what the fucks a papoose?????? ha. i was bored once and checked what a papoose was and its like that weird blanket wrap shit they give newborns. papoose is a blanket wrap
LMFAO...I did the same thing and I was like "what the fuck." I don't think that has anything to do with why he is called that...I don't know though. He is ill though.

Nuttkace

Apr 25, 2002
peep Errelevent's new mixtape - i think a lot of you on this thread would feel it considering your tastes. its definitely not like the rest of the bullshit being put out nowadays. check out the links at the bottom for samples and cop one - you won't be disappointed.

EDIT: here go the direct links from our website for 3 of the tracks - drop your opinions here. (right-click and save as)

Last Resort
What You Livin For?
Facts, Inference, and Judgement