Anyone Knowing When The New Pro-Tools Dropping?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
u said " so yea i did my research big time!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thats all i was sayin, lol....its all good homie, just saying i am not being mr bigtime nor did i ever say i was or intended to come on that way...no hard feelings i hope over comments of opinon........lol....i didnt say u was being mr big time......i would love ta work withit myself but i dont see the beineifits of spending a extra 1200 or 1500 right now while on a budget thats all.....alll them perks is coo just not in my eye worth it yet....i like ta make big moves if i am spending over a G not steps.......but i feel ya homie....lol....all bad if u took it the wrong way

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
I would say the 002 is a lil more user friendly... becuz of the outboard mixer... and may be a lil easier to pick up on.

but shit I learned to record with 001... and learned it in less than an hour... so if i can learn ... anyone can :)

Apr 25, 2002
it'll be just as easy as the 001...cept for what ms said the mixxer

i'm a firsttime user myself...and what you have to do is straight up experiment, have folks come in your studio lace comethin for free, then straight up do everything you can to that song till you find out what EVERYTHING DOES...

the thing about pro-tools is EVERYONE USES IT...so you can take your PTS FILE over to any studio and it'll work like a charm

if it wasn't for that...you might be better off with an Echo soundcard and Nnuendo from Cubase..plus osmeoutboard gear

but pro tools is flexxible and easy

robb my bad, i'm a hot head...so i tend to ask those kinda questions lol

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
so you can take your PTS FILE over to any studio
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

slow down moe.....if u forget the audio files and the fade files u will have nothing to load....take whole folder and u will be coo....all good moe aint nothing.....i am still learning and i recorded about 200 songs, so many fuckin hours on it , but just found sum new shit out yesterday!

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
i dont know about sad, but PTS files just organizes the layout of the trackz, if u just took the PTs file it would start to laod and first thing would ask to locate ex."Big Robb Main".............and take u to a search ........cuz it would have the layout info but no where to go to look fo r it, just speaking......no hard feelingz

Ram-C-Note

On the Rise
May 12, 2002
www.ramcnote.com
Good lookin on the info..... Ive been waiting on that shit to come out so l can track my songs through the newest version.....

By the way, most people ive met in the industry run pro tools off of a Mac, They have said that that's the industry computer used for it.... What do ya think???????

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
By the way, most people ive met in the industry run pro tools off of a Mac, They have said that that's the industry computer used for it.... What do ya think???????

We run ours on a Sony Vaio 2 Ghz setup...

runs just fine for us.

Mac's are usually more stable... but when you run Win XP you're definitely in a stable environment.

Ram-C-Note

On the Rise
May 12, 2002
www.ramcnote.com
og MS said:

We run ours on a Sony Vaio 2 Ghz setup...

runs just fine for us.

Mac's are usually more stable... but when you run Win XP you're definitely in a stable environment.
The reason l ask is because, once l start fucking with protools, l wanna transfer data from one spot to another, and if Mac is the industry computer for pro tools, ld rather function off the Mac.....

Apr 25, 2002
T-1...i have no idea

i think there's more plug-ins available for the Mac...and a few extra features...but XP PRO is just as stable as the Mac OSX...and a lot cheaper then buying a MAC
duc.digidesign.com

check that out...they can answer all your questions better then me

Apr 25, 2002
www.KillaValley.com
yea with the new Pro tools u can intercahnge from Pc to Mac but i think MS is right most ppl run Mac due to the fact they go by the old ways of MAc being a better and more stable computer but the new PC SOny Viao is nothing of a short coming now they got a the new Sony Viao 4gigHz shit is off the wall......but i guess its up to u and wut u like tow ork with, in the end i think Mac might have a lil edge but just depends on ur budget once again

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
to be honest, you shouldnt use the pre-amp from either digi 001 or 002..... yeah the quality is good, but the vocals are not as warm as if you have a sepperate pre-amp, such as i run a joe meek vc1q for my vocals, and they come out extremely better then runnin vocals thru the digi pre-amp.... so in a sense id say snatch the 001 off ebay for like $600 and spends another 500 or more on a good pre amp..... and bypass the digi.... and both digi's mix great and are easy to use.... and also i got just about every plug in possible.... and the cracks are available all over the net most times for less then $100 if you know the right person, so at this point i dont see the reason to spend the extra loot on a 002.....

by the way i got over a couple hundred plug ins for pc and mac .... i sell copies for $50 a piece..... they will work.... i have sold them to over 10 people on this site... they work!!! bomb factories, d-verb, joe meek... etc.... more then you'll need

[email protected] if you want them...