anyone know how to fix a Razr phone???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CoCo

Jun 22, 2005
so my dumb ass dropped my razr phone in water when I was getting my toes done the other day. it's mostly working except only a couple of the keys work. I have blow dried it, let it sit in my glove box, and put it under a hot ass lamp to dry it out.

is there anything else I can do? it hasn't been taken apart yet since I dont have the tools. but maybe since the problem is just with the keys there is something I can have replaced??

fuck this is an expensive ass pedicure!

Dec 9, 2005
Sorry to say but its gone. I've lost 2 phones to water. :dead:

Put in an insurance claim that you lost it...if you don't already have insurance on the phone...get it...then claim it in a couple of weeks.

CoCo

Jun 22, 2005
I got mine for 125 but I upgraded and signed a 2-yr contract at the same time and had to mail in for a rebate. I'm not trying to buy a new Razr tho. I wanna say they're about 250 new?? I picked up a v300 off craigslist that same day.
and no, I didnt have insurance on it....
ok so does anyone know if t-mobile keeps records when you call? I told them it was dropped in water but I was thinking if they dont keep records then i'm cool, or if they do then i can say its working fine now.

Feb 28, 2005
CoCo said:
I got mine for 125 but I upgraded and signed a 2-yr contract at the same time and had to mail in for a rebate. I'm not trying to buy a new Razr tho. I wanna say they're about 250 new?? I picked up a v300 off craigslist that same day.
and no, I didnt have insurance on it....
ok so does anyone know if t-mobile keeps records when you call? I told them it was dropped in water but I was thinking if they dont keep records then i'm cool, or if they do then i can say its working fine now.

t-mobile keeps records...everytime i call about a problem they tell me when the last time i called and why was

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
CoCo said:
I told them it was dropped in water but I was thinking if they dont keep records then i'm cool, or if they do then i can say its working fine now.
Even if they didn't keep that record they know when any phone has been dropped in water. You're SOL.

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
DROPPED MY RZR IN WATER.....DRIED IT OUT.....WORKS FINE.TRIED TO RETURN IT BUT THERES A RED DOT BEHIND THE BATTERY.IF THAT RED DOT RUNS OR GETS SMUDGED THEY WONT TAKE THE PHONE BACK AND REPLACE IT......WHEN THE RED DOT INK RUNS IT MEANS CRAZY AMOUNTS OF WATER HAS FLOODED THE PHONE.....ITS THERE LITTLE RETURN PROTECTION DEVICE THINGY...YUP...

CoCo

Jun 22, 2005
TONY206 said:
Even if they didn't keep that record they know when any phone has been dropped in water. You're SOL.
well I know about that dot that changes color if water hits it. but if I told them the phone was working so I could get insurance, how would they know it wasn't? then I could file a claim that it was stolen, so they would never see the phone to know it was water damaged.

and I know insurance would have made this much easier but if you think about how much I would have been paying in insurance each month, compared to the 80 I just spent on the replacement phone, I'm still ahead money-wise.

Dec 9, 2005
CoCo said:
well I know about that dot that changes color if water hits it. but if I told them the phone was working so I could get insurance, how would they know it wasn't? then I could file a claim that it was stolen, so they would never see the phone to know it was water damaged.

and I know insurance would have made this much easier but if you think about how much I would have been paying in insurance each month, compared to the 80 I just spent on the replacement phone, I'm still ahead money-wise.

Insurance is like 4 or 5 bucks extra on your bill...I have it cause I drop my phone a lot...so when it gets all chipped up and ugly, I 'lose it' aka sell it on Craigslit, and wait for my replacement in the mail.

With that said...anyone need a Nextel i730 ?

Apr 5, 2005
MOREBASS said:
^^ Get the insurance that covers lost and stolen phones...then in 2 or 3 weeks, just say you lost it.
YES YES! THATS WHAT I DID. OR IF YOU KNOW A FRIEND WHO WORKS AT A MOBILE PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER HAVE HIM/HER SCAN IN A NEW PHONE OF YOUR CHOICE INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. GET THE INSURANCE. WAIT FOR 2-3 WEEKS AS STATED ABOVE. PAY THE DEDUCTIBLE. AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

I GOT THIS SHIT IN NOVEMBER