Anyone else go to the Common show at the Mezzanine??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2006
Shit was dope... Live band... Switching up a lot of the beats... He also did one of sickest freestyles I've ever heard... I was hoping to hear a few more tracks off of Like Water for Chocolate, but the show was still dope... Anyone else got any thoughts on it??? Anyone get any pictures???

Nov 15, 2005
Glad 2 read it went well. 2 bad I missed that one. Ghostface Killah and Rakim are performin' there on 11/2 (tickets GO on sale this weekend) and Dead Prez are havin' a show there on the 30th of this month (tickets GO on sale this weekend as well. They're performin' with Wale. He's from Washington D. C. I haven't heard of him but he seems 2 have a strong followin' based on the research I've done. He's one of the spokesmodels 4 Remy Martin as well. Same line-up with San Quinn). The Mezzanine is on Jessie St. It's pretty much in an alley way. Coo venue though. I saw Mya there just recently. She did a GOod set. De La Soul 2nite at Club 6 (which is pretty much across the way from the Mezzanine). I think it's $20 at the door 4 De La. The Clipse had a show last nite at The Independent. That would've of been tight 2 see.

Jun 20, 2002
www.kochentertainment.com
Common is one of the best freestylers ever. He can flow off the top with the best of them. Saw him with the Roots eons ago (it was at Maritime Hall, I know..hella long ago) and he stage dove and someone stole his shoe. So he busted a freestyle about how someone stole his shoe and that he wanted it back...

Dec 13, 2006
www.stashonline.com
stash mag was in the building. common killed it with the "testify" song - it was like a movie. all the girls around me was going nuttz! they wanted to be that chick he pulled on stage. the drummer, keyboardist, backup singers and DJ helped make it a great show. pictures coming monday