American Hustle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
I downloaded an excellent copy of this awhile back & just got around to burning it. Gonna watch it tomorrow night with the wife.

Feb 14, 2006
I saw the screener twice. I liked it. It focused a lot on the relationship but it helped mold the characters more imo. A bit of the movie goes off script and there's some improv, too.

- According to Christian Bale much of the movie was improvised. So, during the shooting of the film he noted to David O. Russell, "You realize that this is going to change the plot greatly down track." To which the director replied, "Christian, I hate plots. I am all about characters, that's it."

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^its definitely all about their relationships. I really liked it, but wasnt quite as moved by it as I was by Silver Linings Playbook. I think this movie will get better with a second viewing though. Christian Bale was definitely really good, and I liked that Jack Huston (Richard Harrow in Boardwalk Empire) and that Shea Whigham (Eli Thompson in Boardwalk and who was also in Silver Linings) were both in it

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I will see Wolf and perhaps my opinion would change. Scorsese is still one of the best of all time but if u look at what they've done over their past 4 movies or so, all of Russell's movies are damn near perfect.

May 16, 2002
I will see Wolf and perhaps my opinion would change. Scorsese is still one of the best of all time but if u look at what they've done over their past 4 movies or so, all of Russell's movies are damn near perfect.
I can understand liking the films, but putting David O. Russell in the same league as Martin Scorsese? Really?

I see your point, but think you aimed a little too high there, Breh.