All folks who are in college...come congratulate me...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
I'm not usually one to gloat, but if there are a few situations where such action is permitted. Namely getting married, winning the lottery, or say, something like GETTING ACCEPTED TO THE GRADUATE PROGRAM IN SOCIOLOGY AT OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY

I can gloat about that right? Ohio State didn't want me but OK State knows the good when they see them!

I figured I'd take it upon myself to tell a bunch of internet bums who could give two shits about my good fortune.

and to keep this going. anyone in here who is already in college plan to go to graduate school?

Sep 23, 2002
Congrats

Props to you or anybody else gettin theirs. I'm graduatin from MO West, and thought about graduate school but not completely decided yet. I know I'm gettin a better deal once I get that degree tho. Already got a better job to look forward to. Good luck homie.

But why would you ever wanna leave a town like St Jo? :rolleyes: lol

Yeah, mad congrats.

I got my MBA last year cuzz I felt that would help me get a better job. Aaaand...it did. This is definitely somethin worth gloatin about. Shit, I like to gloat about the fact that I graduated 3 times in 5 years- high school, bachelor's, & master's degree. Fuck it. You're doing something a lot of people will never do. Gloat all you want.
@ Pinche...go for graduate school. It can only open up better opportunities for you. The school I went to offered the option to get your Master's in one year. So I did, and I only had to go to class on Saturday. I was 22 when I got my MBA, the youngest person in my graduating class.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
^^^ " Aaaand...it did." dramatic!

Also i still couldnt tell ya what "GLOAT" means....

GOOD STUFF. School is a lot better to brag about in the real world than almost anything else. Itll be worth it.

May 11, 2002
Man Im havin doubts about college. My boy just got a job as a refinery technician and he makes 72k a year w/ overtime. All he got is a damn highschool diploma and some machine experience

Opportunities like that CAN happen, obviously. But I wouldn't bet on it. That seems like a rare opportunity to me. If there were a lot of jobs for high school graduates that pay a lot, a lot less people would probably go to college. Going to college gives you an opportunity to learn things that other people don't know, therefore giving you an advantage over those people when it comes to the job market. Just because I went to school for an extra year, I make $10,000 a year more than my supervisor does. Give school a try. Shit, try a community college first to at least get some classes under your belt & find out what you're interested in.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Re: Congrats

Pinche said:
But why would you ever wanna leave a town like St Jo? :rolleyes: lol
shiiiiiiiiiit....i lived there for 18 years. that's why i left when i went to college.

i go to NWMSU by the way...this means you're a rival and i am not allowed to talk to you...he he

you know a lot of folks that are from St. Joe originally?

Sep 23, 2002
Locahontas said:

@ Pinche...go for graduate school. It can only open up better opportunities for you. The school I went to offered the option to get your Master's in one year. So I did, and I only had to go to class on Saturday. I was 22 when I got my MBA, the youngest person in my graduating class.

Damn, I guess I'm gonna be up there wit you in a lil while. lol :classic:
Once I get that degree in my hand its all good, and I got a good business opportunity placed right in my hands. The spots reserved. I dont know about graduate school, but I take advice so I'm lookin into it was we speak. :cool: