Album sales

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
What's the reasoning for Tech's slumping albums sales (source below)? It seems like Tech's been doing bigger tours, working with bigger names, has similar radio play (I'm willing to concede this), and is on the front page of iTunes Hip Hop. Also, he's debuting higher on billboard. Are album sales across the industry down that much or is it spending less promotion on each album and just moving to the next one more quickly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Music

Jul 1, 2004
Alot of people dont buy albums because they dont have to. Its 2 clicks away from google to get damn near any album you want. Thats why album sales are down.

Oh and never use Wikipedia for a source. Anybody can get on there and put whatever they want. Its not credible.

Feb 10, 2006
Rob, I guess I never looked at it like that?.! I guess when you tour a lot the release doesn't mean as much as it does in mainstream. My intuition has always said that your sales tend to decrease over time... Have you seen a change in the studio business since anyone can put a studio on a computer desk?

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
How can Concert, Venue, or Internet sales be tracked?

In order to report Venue or Internet sales to Nielsen SoundScan, you must meet the criteria for reporting. Please visit the 'Report Venue Sales' section of this website for more information.
VENUE SALES REPORTING PROCEDURE

Record Labels may report the sales of their artists at venues that the artists appear by following the procedure outlined below:

1. On letterhead of the label, please state that you are a label interested in taking part in the Venue Sales Program. Also state how long you have been in business.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE IN BUSINESS FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS.
2. List the artists you wish to report sales for.
NOTE: IT MUST BE MORE THAN ONE ARTIST UNDER THE LABEL THAT YOU WILL BE REPORTING SALES FOR.
3. Fax the above information to Andrea Wynn at (914) 686-1556 or email to [email protected] or [email protected].
4. There will be a $500.00 annual fee to report venue sales. Acceptable methods of payment are: Company Check & Credit Card.
*Please include in the letter that you fully understand that you will be charged this annual fee and your method of payment.*
5. Please provide name, billing address, phone number, fax number and email to receive proper mailing and billing instructions.
6. You will then be contacted to set up an account to report and transmit sales along with proper documentation to verify all sales.
7. Any further questions, contact Andrea Wynn at 914-684-5506 or Joe Johnson at 914-684-5507.
Answer your question?

Aug 27, 2004
hmmm i dont think I would report that shit...it sounds like more of a headache...most of Tech's sales are going untracked!!! That is why he never gets the propz he deserves...most of his fans just download tha shit or get it in some other way than paying full price at a retailer.

Oct 23, 2002
www.chapmanrecording.com
My point is even if sales drop after the first week, records are still sol each week. Of course an album that's been out for 6 years is going to have higher sales than one that came out last December. It's just common sense...unless you are a fucking idiot

Jan 5, 2010
hell if i was strange i wouldnt report sales at shows! $10.00/per cd. = about $.80 sales tax.. sell 300+ dif albums at 100 shows, do the math. over a few years, that adds up.

Jan 5, 2010
Rob makes a good point as well.. People hear you for the first time.. buy your new album.. whats the next likely album they are going to buy? an older one.

Oct 23, 2002
www.chapmanrecording.com
Well that really doesn't make any sense as this topic doesn't make any sense as first week sales for the albums continue to get larger....Common sense would dictate that an album that's been out for six years will have sold more than an album out 6 months...unless the album COMPLETELY blows up...you people are really fucking stupid sometimes

Jan 5, 2010
killer sold approx. 36,000 the first week.
KOD sold 33,000 the first week.
Sickology was around 17,000.
MLK was around 13,000

this is just what i found/remember from online. feel free to correct me. I'll try looking up the rest

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Anghellic: 23,840
Absolute Power: Unknown
Anghellic Reparation: Unknown
Vintage Tech: Unknown
Everready: 21,966
Misery Loves Kompany: ca. 13,000
Killer: 36,244
Sickology 101: 21,455
K.O.D.: 30,069