ABOVE THE LAW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2006
My favorite group from the West Coast. I have all of their cd's. "V.S.O.P." still stays in rotation.

[video=youtube;riayghcwUcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riayghcwUcA[/video]

Jul 26, 2011
HEY , 4 Y'ALL THAT READ MURDER DOG. LOOK UP THIS OLD EDITION CALLED "ORIGINATORS". ABOVE THE LAW WAS IN THERE GETTIN SICK-ASS CREDIT. SO I FEEL U, CUZ NAW . . . THEY DON'T GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE AS OG'S. AND SUMTHIN THAT WAS POINTED OUT IN THOS ARTICLES IS THAT BIG HUTCH, not dre, but BIG HUTCH IS WHO CREATED, CONSTRUCTED, AND LAYED THE FOUNDATION 4 G-FUNK, AND THE CHRONIC ALBUM!!! AND NO, ANT BANKS DOESN'T GET THE PROPS HE DESERVES EITHER! OL' FUNKY ASS THAT HAD US KNOCKIN ALL KINDS OF TOO SHORT, SPICE 1, FATHER DOM, BAD INFLUENZE, AND THE DANGEROUS CREW

YEEEEAAAA DATTTTT!!!!

Dec 19, 2006
^ I remeber that article. I think I remember them saying that they were working with Tupac and he said they were puttin out that "G-Funk" and that's where that term came from.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

This hurts me, ATL are one of my favorite groups and im a big fan of 187's production but these 2 tracks are garbage. Prison really fucked him up because his music hasnt been the same since he was locked up. What happened to his smooth high pitched voice and flow? Thats what he should be doing instead of trying to appeal to faggoty juggolos from middle america. His last release had a few songs that were cool and showed some signs of the old 187, dont know what the fuck hes trying to do with this new sound.

He should look at Quik for inspiration, Quik just makes his music, his sound and has a loyal fan base. Really, fuck record sales when it comes down to it because the money is in touring and merchandise anyway. He should make some music that appeals to his old fans and go out on tour and stack some cheddar.