7th Heaven

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 29, 2002
I have been a die hard Tech N9ne fan since about 2 years ago. Every I have been excited to attend 7th Heaven to buy the cd and see tech. This CD i was very disappointed to see the release at Wharehouse records. Has Tech completly forgotten who helped make him who he is today-(7th Heaven) and decided he is too good for them?

DonBellygusa

5150 Mental Productions
Aug 28, 2002
LockNLoadRecords.com
I don't think 7th Heaven handled this situation very well. Tech was prepared to do something huge with them and they dropped the ball. The buyer for all Wherehouse Musics has helped a bunch on this project so they did the in store there. Being greedy basterds 7th Heaven broke the street date. That makes them punks.But Tech wanted to do something there because they have been good to him but someone there acted like a little broad. A least thats the word on the street

Sep 26, 2002
Celcius

Not only that, I am pretty sure they had some little event there for the release of the bootleg ass Celcius release. So that is like a slap in the face.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
pete dogge said:
..i think every 1 on this board would do the same thing
I disagree....

and the thing with celcius is midwestside went in there and rented 7th heaven just like any other person or lable can do
7th Heaven can also refuse to let ppl rent the joint out. I'm sure if, say, the Klan wanted to rent the place they'd tell 'em where to go. So, you have think smart business decision here. Some money now, or more money later. Maybe they made the right decision, who am I to say, what do I know about running a record store. But don't act like 7th Heaven was somehow powerless in this.

7th heaven bought 900 copies up front ...and they fill since that strange got what they wanted off the 900 cds .. 7th heaven has the right to sell them when ever they want to
Now that's just a huge load of horseshit. So, I suppose 7th Heaven does this to all labels? "Fuck it, we know everyone else respects release dates, but we just sell shit whenever we want." C'mon...

I sincerely hope neither of these statements are really the truth. Surely 7th Heaven is a more credible business than this.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
ENDelt260 said:

I disagree....

7th Heaven can also refuse to let ppl rent the joint out. I'm sure if, say, the Klan wanted to rent the place they'd tell 'em where to go. So, you have think smart business decision here. Some money now, or more money later. Maybe they made the right decision, who am I to say, what do I know about running a record store. But don't act like 7th Heaven was somehow powerless in this.

Now that's just a huge load of horseshit. So, I suppose 7th Heaven does this to all labels? "Fuck it, we know everyone else respects release dates, but we just sell shit whenever we want." C'mon...

I sincerely hope neither of these statements are really the truth. Surely 7th Heaven is a more credible business than this.
i must say that i AGREE to the fullest!!!

out!!

DonBellygusa

5150 Mental Productions
Aug 28, 2002
LockNLoadRecords.com
It's as simple as Dominoes. NOT ALL MONEY IS GOOD MONEY. And if you want to look at this like business men how can he turn down Violet Brown who has helped him get to the level he is at now. Also, they can bitch about how they made Tech N9ne but he has made them more money than any other local artist. Also, they changed the barcode on the CD when they put it out early so no one could see the early sales. But that also robs soundscan from him. On top of that they ran a radio commercial the day of the signing which said they exclusively were selling the album that had to be first takin off the air and edited. GREED GREED GREED will F@$K YOU everytime:angry: :angry:

Apr 25, 2002
7th heaven bought 900 copies of techs album up front ..just go ask who runs strange and they will tell u ..ya they dont do it to all lables but tech is a big seller in this and can push units quik ....and every 1 knows 7th heaven always sells cds early so tech aint the only 1 that they sold early

ya u are true they can refuse any person from renting it out ...but the thing is does tech and strange pay 7th heavens bills on a regular if they do then ya 7th heaven was wrong for letting midwestside in there ...shit business is business

Aug 30, 2002
Have you ever asked yourself why 7th heaven no longer sells concert tickets. Word on the streets is the owner got greedy and Ticktron found out (he was selling promo only tickets), now he can't sell tickets. That hurts us, the customer, so just keep thinkin that 7th Heaven's greed dosen't touch you the next time you shell out $18 for a CD then drive across town to purchase concert tickets.

Sep 27, 2002
i'm not sure what everyones deal is as long as tech gets his music out there its still gonna be off tha hook, who cares where the release was its still the jam!