7SE's Mission Infect: Chemical Threats

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
Mission Infect: Chemical Threats

Download for Free!!!

Phase 1

1.) Intro-

This track has real ambient sounding background noise, not really musical. Has Sleepy saying a couple things, and what sounds like a female news reporter. Really fits the feel of the art gallery that went with it, and all the promo material.

2.) Bodies- Grewsum, Lo Key, & Badluck

Intro by Wikid1. The hook is Grewsum singing, some rock type shit. Still good lyrics in there, rhyme scheme and whatnot. In his verse, Grew reminds me of Bushwick Bill vocally. Only with solid lyrics. You can hear his influence from Tech N9ne in it. Loke's verse? Just plain stellar. Hella hard, but good as an intro, cuz its just the beginning of what he brings. Badluck's verse, was... sufficient. It doesn't stand out as bad or anything, but I'm not impressed by it, or any of his really at all.

3.) Maw Fiyah Remix- TONEz & Lo Key

This is like the third version of this song. There was an original, then Jason Porter remixed it, then this one with a Loke verse added and some little bits here and there. First 7SE diss to SickTanick. Just a one liner from Loke. The track is basically the mission statement for Infect. What they're gonna do to the industry, etc. Real heavy beat, metallic. Lyrically, this is a song that's real straight forward, just saying what it means, not as much wordplay or intense rhyme schemes.

4.) Hatin'- Badluck & Lo Key

Conflikt does an intro and outtro, speaking on some knowledge. Makes good points. Other than that, its another track talkin' down on haters. Its bumpin' production, could hear it in a club or a party. If they took out the Conflikt parts. Another track that's more about sound than content.

5.) Know the Deal- Lo Key & Grewsum

This track is more my style. A lot more lyricism in here, with technique, multies, and wordplay. They can both do better tho.

6.) Soldiers of Sound- Gravity, DZK, Conflikt, Grewsum

Best track out of'em all. Its a more gently beat, got mad sway in it. Leaves it wide open for hella swaggin' vocals. EVERYbody kills this. Gravity does great, real impressive. I haven't heard anything else by him to compare to, but still great. DZK MURDERS the track. You can FEEL every word. You don't just bob your head, you move with every inflection in his vocals. Conflikt follows, and keeps up. His swag sounds completely natural. He doesn't distort the words to fit the swag, he just speaks. Grewsum comes hella hard. You barely hear his multies, just cuz his content demands all your attention, so you listen to everything he says.Solid multies, pure knowledge, overflowing skill all through.

7.) House of Pain- TONEz & Lo Key

Two words: Wicked Shit. Not, the style this or that guy started. Not that one genre. I mean they spit some shit that is hella wicked. Skill wise, AND content wise. Murderous, twisted, sadistic, evil shit. As far as I'M concerned, this track murders anything ever done by the namesake, House of Pain. Beat uses a classic sample, from the Exorcist.

8.) Back Up- Lo Key

Loke's solo diss to Sick. The whole thing is an all out attack. Track speaks for itself. Outtro by TONEz that speaks on his track to SickTanick, and Sick's response to it.

9.) FUCK HORRORCORE- TONEz & Lo Key

FIRST OFF. It's a GREAT track. Don't get it twisted. This song ain't hatin' horrorcore. Its a big 'fuck you' to everyone holding it back. To stagnant artists, haters, or censorers. Any how. If you ain't caught on yet, these guys make a great team. The sample is... different as hell. I dig tho. Still dark. Real dissonant. Lyrically COMPLETELY solid. Kinda makes you want to punch a baby and tell the mom to fuck off for judging you for it. Ya know?

10.) The Grand Finale- Grewsum

Epic style track. Builds on itself. Makes you wanna march. If Grewsum had a name for his fans, this it'd possibly be a *fan term* Anthem. Real powerful. A high-energy suicide track like this isn't too common, especially this well done.

Phase 2

1.) Intro

More Sleepy. This intro is a lot more powerful tho. More high energy.

2.) Bump This- Grewsum, Lo Key, & Badluck

With the title, it comes to no surprise that its another banger. Could be in the club again. Could see this one as a music video. They all come with them crazy, off-the-wall punches in this one, so it bumps AND makes you laugh.

3.) I Want That- Grewsum & Kutt Calhoun

Unlike other big name spots, this is a real collab that Kutt and Grew did. Definitely made for the club. I personally don't like it at all. Course, I don't really like Kutt Calhoun. Grew comin' with more of those off-the-wall, goofy lines. DEFINITELY bangin' tho, so its good for parties and shit if you got girls comin' over.

4.) Fester's Quest- Badluck

Another SickTanick diss. Didn't impress me, but its definitely humor-packed, so if you like funny music, you'll enjoy it.

5.) You Pretty Much Suck- Lo Key, Alexis, Badluck

This is on a Timbo beat, so of course it bumps. Alexis comes correct on the hook. I don't like R&B, but she got like a middle east style harmony going on with herself that works well with the beat. Bad and Loke speak on shitty rappers. TONEz in the background talking shit to Sick again.

6.) Addickted- Badluck

Even though I don't really like Badluck, this track is the shit, cuz I love me some face-fucking, and that's what its about. Just a happy, cheerful, upbeat track about fuck girls in the throat till they choke. Then Tone talking at the end again.

7.) Smash Sumthin- Lo Key, Redman, Grewsum

Intro, hook, and first verse all Red. I like the beat, cuz it mixes real tribal sounding drums with an epic choral sample, which gives a real different, but effective and powerful resounding result. The hook reminds me of something that I can't remember. Don't know what. Loke comes solid as hell. Great verse, just well rounded. Grew bringin' funny as hell, like always.

8.) Off the Head- Conflikt

This... This track is amazing. Remind me a little of The Streets at a couple parts. He's got that real solid, natural sounding swag. He comes hard as hell with multies, wordplay, content, humor, and punches.

9.) My World Remix- Lynch, Grewsum, Lo Key, & Tech N9ne

OG Beat, OG verses by the guests. So Lynch and Tech are the same as before. The track all in all, is NOT. It was WAY better than the original. Grew can't keep up with speed, although he's still hella fast. He DOES however keep pace lyrically, and with ease at that. Lo Key on the other hand, is WAY the FUCK ahead of EVERYONE on this track. HELLA fast, and HELLA sicc lyrically. VERY impressive. Best verse on the track. Delivery is excellent. Flow is excellent. Content is stellar. Kills it. AMAZING track originally, now it is mind-numbingly ASTOUNDING. Second or third favorite on the whole mixtape.

10.) Throw-em Up- Grewsum, Lo Key, & Badluck

This seems to be the most common combination of artists throughout Chemical Threats. Basically a Mission Infect Pride type track. I'm surprised they didn't get everyone on this track. Its a hard track, solid all around.

Art Gallery:

It's all amazing. I'm even sure what all media went into this. I think its just photos and Photoshop. Its amazing tho. Certain parts, like the cityscape, look highly artificial, but its executed properly to make it look effectively stylistic, and not just poorly made. If you look closely at some of the photos of the man, he looks artificialized as well, as if he lowered the quality on purpose which created the effect of exherting a style, instead just looking shitty.

There's an obvious theme continued in the series. There's a definite declaration of solitude and intent struggle. This person is alone in their cause, and its difficult, but there seems to be no doubt in their mind that they are dedicated to it. The man's backpack, as his only possession, is obviously of value of him, but appears to be junk. So it says that he takes what he can from his life and embraces it. Not just uses it, but EMBRACES it, unafraid of judgement. The gritty, grimey appearance of each piece, along with the neglected, dirty, vague, ancient look that the skyscrapers have give a post-nuclear appearance that speaks volumes about the artist's opinion of the state of the world.
This is amplified by the masking of the man and darker color schemes used in the pictures that include buildings in them. Those photos show more disgust, infection, environmental decay, and personal isolation for the man, which against emphasizes the artist's distaste for the city.
Each image of course has a unique message as well. The first introduces the concept, emphasizing the separation of the individual from his world with the goggles and mask. Seeing his deadened eyes personalizes it, and makes it more than just a logo, or a mask, showing that there IS emotional pain in the world presented. Facing away from the buildings as if he were leaving makes a message. The small eagle in the bottom left corner is a curious touch. The second picture leaves a lot of questions, with its lack of even a semi-realistic perspective of a person in an environment. By imposing the cityscape on the wall behind the model he detracts from the reality, but makes it more personality by showing that the apathetic body language of the model is inspired by his thoughts shown by the imposed 'mural.'
The next exemplifies his inability to seperate from his backpack. It also shows that although he dislikes the city, he i for whatever reason unwilling to leave, shown by the fact he is still on the wall, even though his prized possession is not. either he tossed it down there and is stalling, or set it down and climbed up instead of walking away. There's that eagle again...
In this fourth piece, he looks like he's cornered, in a cave with the only light or escape, representative of hope, is blocked by whoever casts the shadow over him. And yet he appears comfortable, resigned, and even demanding, with his hand extended as if expecting payment from he who stands between him and light. The fifth is a great example of the theme of him staying on his grind, constantly trucking on. He's in a wasteland, with nothing of value around him, but obviously still moving, and still carrying his heavy load, and he pays the weight no mind, as if the burden is second nature.
The sixth obviously stands out the most. It has the wall, which reminds the viewer of the first on the wall, but the relaxed posture, open shirt, and removed goggles implies heavily of resting, or comfortability. Even warmth, with the clear sky, and the well-lit wall below. This being last shows that even with the pessimistic views shown throughout, the artist has some hope for the world, and the future of his model.

Overall:

One of THE most solid releases I have heard in a VERY long time. I put it up there with Tech N9ne's 'Everready' and Jedi Mind Trick's 'Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell.' I would give it a 4.75 if it'd let me, cuz there's just a couple generic tracks that I personally didn't like. I can't in good conscience give a 5, so I say 4 but its really better than that.