2pac's Mother Shits on Legacy Further

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2003
Afeni Shakur, mother of the late Tupac Shakur, was interviewed by the TX UnLtd show on BBC Radio yesterday night, and spoke a little on the upcoming Tupac album.

According to Afeni, Tupac's next Posthumous album is currently slated for a November 2004 release.

Presently untitled, the album has begun being put together, and Eminem is one of the producers in the studio at this time, working on providing new beats to go under Tupac's vocals.

Eminem was the man behind the beats to Tupac's "One Day At A Time" track which featured himself and the Outlawz, as well as the beat to "Ghost". Both tracks appeared on the "Tupac - Ressurection" Soundtrack.

Afeni is also in talks with Dr. Dre and Kanye West, in trying to persuade them both to jump aboard on the project and provide a few beats each themselves for the album.

peep www.westcoastaftershock.com for the audio
Eminem I really don't have a problem with. Even though all his beats sound the same, Aftermath's engineers always make sure the beats are mixed with excellence. Hopefully he won't use that BOOM BOOM - SNAP drum pattern every fucking time.

But 2pac was beefin with Dre when he died. He's not around to say whether he would have forgiven him or not. What's next? C Dolores Tucker going to produce a beat?

Jun 27, 2002
www.soundclick.com
i agree then i disagree... As in terms of producers Dre is a legend, probably the best rap producer in the game ever... and in my opinion as well as others Pac was the Best rapper in the game ever... so i wouldnt mind seeing the best in the game ever to lace one last track beef or no beef, think about how much justice dre's beat would do pacs vocals. I know a Kanye beat would mean instant radio play tho.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
beef or not pac loved dre's production, but other cats who shit he was never able to give a opinion on shouldnt be producing for his album.

K

KAH

dam that suck i hated that on day at a time that eminem made i liked it better wit spice 1. That ghost song was dope though. 2 pac dissed dre & eminem that bullshit i hated that rap phenomenom 2 they had every 1 2 pac hated featured on it

Jun 16, 2002
eminem ruined that soundtrack, and will ruin the album I hope hes only got one or two songs and he better not be rappin on it

Juice

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2003
www.juicethesungod.com
As long as Pac has albums comin out his legacy remains in tact. It's true that some motha fuckers shouldn't be touchin his music, but if I see a Pac album on the shelf it's a good day for me. All I can do is hope that his music is presented in a good way and not all fucked up. I'm sure Pac still has a lot of songs out there with a lot to say in em. So, I guess we will have to see what transpires this November.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
KAH said:
dam that suck i hated that on day at a time that eminem made i liked it better wit spice 1.
At least Eminem did Pac's vocals some justice in that they were ON BEAT!! That Spice 1 song, the vocals were WAY off. So, whoever says that track with Spice 1 that is floatin around is the original, is full of shit, Pac would never rap off beat like that. At least Eminem put a beat down that the lyrics fit on.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Oh, and who are you cats to say who Pac would and would not have worked with? Let his mom do her thing, she knows what Pac would have wanted more than any of y'all. You know 2Pac actually sat down with people, and said, "If this happens to me, do this...". He did that shit with Leila Steinberg with his poetry, and I'm PRETTY SURE he did it with his mom as well. Y'all can sit here and speculate all you want, but it's not gonna do any good...try not speaking for 'Pac and worry about what y'all doin.

May 4, 2002
these mutha fuckas shoulda jus left pacs beats as they were, all they need to do was clean them up a bit, those makaveli albums had dope songs on em jus poor quality

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Those Makaveli albums weren't original either. Did you notice how 2Pac's vocals were either slowed down or sped up hella? They did that to make the vocals fit to whatever beat. Yea, a couple of them songs might be original, but not most of em, beatwise.

Sep 13, 2002
the point is there are orignials and they could be released.

but his mom thinks its easyier to make money off big names and she dosent care if it fucks over all the hard work her son did to bring the rap game great music.

mabey some one should tell her pac did fine on his own and to check sound scan.

May 29, 2002
at one time I would have agreed that this should not happen, but pacs legacy is already set, he accomplished so much when he was alive and posthumously.

while I think that the numixxx classics tarnished his legacy a little bit, I dont think that taking vocals that have not been used, and putting them over todays hottest producers beats is bad.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
AMEN. 2Pac probably told his mom that when he passes away, to make sure she puts his unreleased work with the hottest cats out. 2Pac always worked with the HOTTEST cats in the game, so why should that change? She sees Eminem and all those other cats to be people her son would have liked to work with...she would know better than us what 2Pac would have done right? 2Pac and his mom were close as fuck, and I SERIOUSLY DOUBT she would do anything to fuck up his image and what he stood for.

The only way Afeni could fuck up Pac's legacy, is to sit on his music and not do anything with it.

Jan 25, 2003
Psilo707 said:
I do not think this should happen, it's crap.

But I do disagree with some of you... I personally think most of Eminem's beats are pretty tight. Always a little similar in style, but i think they are solid beatz.
Yeah. Lord knows that "The Cross" beat on Nas' album was FIRE. Fucka MPC. The TR-808 and the Casio he made that shit on is all you need.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
You ever pay any attention to 2Pac's interviews? He said that when his mom cleaned herself up, they were EXTREMELY close, and that his mom is the best mom in the world...but you're right Tadou, it's a LIE, he didn't mean what he said, 2Pac NEVER meant what he said, right?

About the songs, there are NUMEROUS unfinished 2Pac songs...tracks with 1 verse on 'em, that he never got around to finishing. 2Pac did a whole lot of shit, finished a whole lot of songs, and left a lot of songs incomplete...he was waiting to die, again he said that himself, and that's why he was always in the studio. So who's to say he didn't tell his mom what to do with his music after he died? I'm pretty fuckin sure he did that. If he gave his poetry books to Leila Steinberg and told her EXACTLY what to do with it when he died, I'm sure he did the same with his own mother about his music.