2011 College Football Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Today was a good day
LOL, seriously.

Isn't it hilarious how the Zeros won the same number of major bowl games in the greatest decade of their history as the Dawgs won in the worst decade of their history?

Isn't it hilarious how the Zeros have been conference champions while defeating another conference's champion just once in their history, while UW has done this 10 times in their history (as well as multiple conference champions three times in their history)?

Isn't it hilarious that the US Merchant Marine Academy has won a Rose Bowl more recently than the University of Oregon?

Apr 25, 2002
These are some screenshots from a project I did this summer. It's an 11x17 cardstock poster, did one for all 12 FBS conferences, which was extremely educational (for example, I had no idea that Florida was basically nothing pre-1990, amazing). Got them up on the wall next to the TV for the football cave this fall. All about information (current schedule, conference misses, mid-week games, etc) but also accountability w/ respect to accomplishments. You win shit, you get bars. You don't win shit, you get nothing.

Also had a lot of fun distributing these around the office, the graphical component over on the far right came in very handy when distributing to Cougs & Zeros around the office. The Zeros don't have a lot of bars next to their logo that's for sure.

Oct 3, 2006
^^That is pretty fuckin' sick....on the first screen shot, what is all that info on the bottom for? Can't read it...

Dec 3, 2005
Isn't it hilarious that the US Merchant Marine Academy has won a Rose Bowl more recently than the University of Oregon?
thats fuckin awesome. I've got so much ammo for arguments with duck funs but I had yet to stumble across this gem, i'm definately going to use it. and those charts/graphs you compiled are pretty interesting, thanks for posting.

like I told Soco, Washington has won 5 straight games, whoregon has lost 2 straight so I'm just gonna relish in that for the remainder of the week.

Dec 3, 2005
its all in good fun though, Soco's the homie, I only tease him cuz he's a Duck fan, he don't know no better. Please lord forgive my homie Soco for rooting for the gayest team in all of college sports.

Apr 25, 2002
thats fuckin awesome. I've got so much ammo for arguments with duck funs but I had yet to stumble across this gem, i'm definately going to use it. and those charts/graphs you compiled are pretty interesting, thanks for posting.

like I told Soco, Washington has won 5 straight games, whoregon has lost 2 straight so I'm just gonna relish in that for the remainder of the week.
PM me your address and I'll get a copy of the Pac-12 version to you in the mail within the next couple of days.

I sent out a few hundred of them to various family & friends across the country, response has been positive, will look into selling them next year if I can get it copyrighted.

Apr 25, 2002
And yeah Zero fans need to be hassled up in Seattle, that's Dawg turf.

Part of me does feel bad for them because by the time I was 4 years old I'd witnessed double the major bowl victories than Southern Comfort has seen in his lifetime (current tally is 5 times the major bowl victories that Southern Comfort has seen in his lifetime). So I do feel a little sorry for them...

Actually not really.

Keep up the good work.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
Here's another cool stat for you.

The Oregon-Washington rivalry, also known as the "Border War,"[82] has been ongoing since 1948 and has incited particular passion from fans of the respective schools.[83] Oregon's current seven-game win streak is the longest in the 110-year history of the series

May 9, 2002
Here's another cool stat for you.

The Oregon-Washington rivalry, also known as the "Border War,"[82] has been ongoing since 1948 and has incited particular passion from fans of the respective schools.[83] Oregon's current seven-game win streak is the longest in the 110-year history of the series
Wanna biscuit? You're still 17 games away from TYING the series.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Utah State played Auburn tuff and blew what a 9 point lead in like 4 minutes or something like that.....

One of the players from solano community college plays for Utah State this year....I watched that game to see if he got any run and it turned out to be a hell of a game..